Experiencing bad video issues

Hi,

Last night I had my closing race from the season in the league were I race, the track was Interlagos. I hardly managed to get home before race, so I was in game before start with only a couple of minutes. I didn`t manage to do free laps or so, I jumped directly in qualifications.
But when I rolled out on the track my video behavior was really terrible. It was a frame by frame thing. It wasn`t smooth as it usually were before. I checked my fps and I`ve got confirmation on 60-62 fps. So I was totally messed up, I didn`t manage to get trough the first qualifying session, It wasn`t driveable at all and it was frustrating because on friday when we had our official free session I managed to make the quickest lap, which brings me more points.

So I don`t really have to complain about my system, but i don`t know where to find solution. Although because I had to make a last minute reboot, I`ve got the last position on the grid, even I was distributed on the grid according to my qualification time, which wasn`t the last one.

Any suggestion where to search for problems to solve my issue? Here is my system if it helps:

- Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz
- Asus P8P67 rev. 3.1
- Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Top 1GB DDR5 256-bit
- 2 x Corsair XMS3 rev. A 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
- Samsung 1.5TB SATA-II 32MB

*please note, that when I race, I don`t let to run on background things like browsers or messengers or downloads.

Any comment are welcome, thank you.

Tamas

I have had some crazy lag issues in rfactor also. My fps is over 200, so its not pc performance related. Had it in Melborune at the start of the season (only happened in s3) and now happened also in Abu Dhabi in the beginning of 5th lap (crazy lag and even ffb felt weird when that happened). Almost crashed the car :D

Eduard K

Im pretty sure it has something to do with ur card, rf and nvidia doesnt seem to match very well. I have the same card as you and i have to have visible cars 10 at max, otherwise the game gets undriveable. I sometimes get big fps drops anyways like last weekend in wc race my fps always dropped on the main straight and t1. I suggest to cap visible cars to 10 and turn shadows off for starters if u havent done it already.

i have the EVGA version of the card and i had no probs, maybe V-Sync was on that would explain why it was only 60-62 FPS.
sometimes it automaticly goes on, seems to be a bug of nvidia dont know, but you can disable it always via the nvidia controlcenter.

Thank you guys, my fps is constantly at 60-62fps, it doesn`t matter on which part of the track I am. For me it doesn`t seem to be a lag, because this breaking movement is continuous.

Even when I was in the game menu and I saw the small preview window on the right bottom of the screen, I already noticed there, that something is wrong. It`s was like getting 1 frames / half of second, but it never shows improvements or getting worst it was continuous.

Jan, maybe you are right with the V-Sync. Interesting, that on the desktop on which we discuss, the fps is constantly 60-62 but when I use my laptop, easily goes over 100-110 or more. And may laptop also has nvidia card.

I remember I tried using the V-sync option in rFactor, and the game lagged more then without the option.

OK, I think it was a missed click on check-box long time ago, because I`ve got the V-Sync activated in rf-config. But the interesting part is that why didn`t behaved in the same matter, earlier? It seems that I drove a few races with activated V-Sync and never felt similar like now. Hope it not will repeat itself.

Thank you guys again!!!

I to have vsync on with my pc as i had screen tare with too much fps on every game i played. rfactor would not have bad peformance issues. I had 2 nvidia 9600gt in sli and a 20" samsung lcd check pings. also reduce shadows and visable cars and reduce objects in mirrors like ville said

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%