Euro Truck Simulator 2: Now Available on Steam

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In the fall of 2012 SCS Software entered the Steam Greenlight programme to try and have their PC game Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Valve's Steam. Several months later the trucking community can now congratulate itself as ETS2 is now officially available on the largest online game distribution platform in the world after receiving thousands of votes in favor of the simulation. A remarkable achievement for the small developer from the Czech Republic.

SCS Software commented on their popular blog:

"We got word from Valve that finally, Euro Truck Simulator 2 should appear on Steam Store today. It has taken many more weeks than we hoped, but finally we have managed to push the game through the system and get it ready for release. Unless they bump into some last-minute show-stopping problem, this page should be on Steam tomorrow:
Product Keys (also known as CD-Keys) issued for ETS2 should allow for activating the game on Steam as well. No key-gen trickery will work though - this is a topic which will be addressed by the next non-Steam patch, too.

The first version of the game to appear on Steam will be equivalent to 1.2.5 which has been out there for a long time. We are working on several improvements and new features for the game, but they will only appear in the next update - When It's Done."

You can purchase Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam here

For more information, mods, paints and other community related items you can visit our ETS2 forums dedicated to the 3rd place finisher in the annual RaceDepartment Race Game of the Year Awards.
View the Post on the Blog

Hey guys just downloaded Euro Truck Simulator 2 last night on my laptop and it is awesome. Of course it was the demo and everytime I get on it I end up getting a sign saying eather enter a product key or just play the demo. Well I have gotten to where the demo is over and now it asks for the product key. I figured out that you can unlock that game by buying the game. *mod edit*

Well I guess thats what they get for making it to where you have to put a product key into the game. If you didn't have that then you would not have that problem. I mean don't get me wrong I would pay for it but I really don't have the money to buy it over here in the united states and I don't want to use my card to buy it over the internet cause that is too dangerous. They don't even sell that game in stores here in america. So I just want to be able to play the game. They get paid no matter what anyways.

Well I guess thats what they get for making it to where you have to put a product key into the game. If you didn't have that then you would not have that problem.
Yup, it's their fault.

I mean don't get me wrong I would pay for it but I really don't have the money to buy it over here in the united states and I don't want to use my card to buy it over the internet cause that is too dangerous. They don't even sell that game in stores here in america. So I just want to be able to play the game.
Sure. It's on Steam, Amazon... If you're saying you don't use PayPal, or Amazon or whatever, I call bull.

They get paid no matter what anyways.
How exactly do they get paid from thieves like you? 20-30$ of profit per person lost.
This isn't EA, this is a few dozen people making a niche game for a living. Congratulations.

Ridiculous...

Hey guys just downloaded Euro Truck Simulator 2 last night on my laptop and it is awesome. Of course it was the demo and everytime I get on it I end up getting a sign saying eather enter a product key or just play the demo. Well I have gotten to where the demo is over and now it asks for the product key. I figured out that you can unlock that game by buying the game. *mod edit*.

Well I guess thats what they get for making it to where you have to put a product key into the game. If you didn't have that then you would not have that problem. I mean don't get me wrong I would pay for it but I really don't have the money to buy it over here in the united states and I don't want to use my card to buy it over the internet cause that is too dangerous. They don't even sell that game in stores here in america. So I just want to be able to play the game. They get paid no matter what anyways.

I don't know what to say...I'm sorry but are you really THAT stupid? How do you think will they get paid if everyone is just getting an illegal copy?

You can buy it on Steam either way. Anyway, 7 day suspension.

Tom

Is this for real? Is this guy serious?

The size of the company who made this game is tiny compared to others who employ thousands. If were were to do this, we would be taking food from their mouths, literally preventing them from making a living.

There's no excuse for piracy, and granted, just about everyone of us is guilty of it some shape or form, from DL games from torrent sites, to recording music on to tape from the radio, (for those of us old enough to remember doing this), but to blatantly take from a small company who NEED sales is disrespectful, mindless and down right dumb.

I'm desperate to play this, but at the moment, I'm skint. I'm saving for a new wheel so even small purchases like this have to wait. I know just how easy it is to grab it from torrent, but i don't want to see developers go hungry. From a small production house like where this game has come from, they are quite likely to be frequenting sites like RD, and we may have even talked/raced against them. Would you be able look yourself in the face if had pirated this, but a month down the line the house went under? You might never be able to race against a few guys again, but those guys might never be able to afford to race ever again.

Sorry for such a rant, I'm going to get off my soap box now, just one last thing.
Why broadcast getting things illegally on a site that champions buying from developers?

Crazy.

Anyway folks, Peace Out!

You know what I am just going to quit posting around you guys cause all you guys ever do is ban people just cause they say something. Honestly I am here to race, not argue with a bunch of pissed off people that live in other countrys. I am not trying to get banned but I am just going to post in the league forums cause all I want to do is race and just play games. Keep ranting on about how I should pay for something and bla bla bla, but I am just going to ignore you. Honestly just leave me alone cause I just want to race professionally. You guys may have problems with me but I really don't care what you guys say cause when the day ends, I just end up wanting to race, not argue with a bunch of misfits. Have a nice day.:sneaky: Go Caterham.

Really Senad Subasic you want to put [yada yada yada, I stole it]. I really thought this forums was for professionals not people that just want to get pissed at someone that wanted to post something. Honestly I tired of this cause I had the same problem when I joined the v8proseries forums 2 years ago. You post something and if the staff don't like it you get banned and then your post is gone. Then I get to where people hate me. All I want to do is race and post something every once in a while. I tired of being bulled by some guys who just want to become staff so they can get pissed at someone and just ban people anytime they want for no reason. This is why most forums suck. I really thought that the racedepartment forums would be the best and I have been trying to get more people to join, but I am having second thoughts. Well see ya. :sneaky: Go Caterham.

Professionals don't freeload Josh, you do. You try to justify piracy but there is no valid reason to do so, even if you spent 20, 200 or 2000 replies on it.

Bottomline: If you can't afford to buy something, then don't and move on. Stealing stuff is never the solution.

Don't blame us for having some normal real life rules around here. Its you that chooses not to follow them and make a big deal out of it.

Whatever. Just leave me alone I have enough problems as it is. :sneaky: Go Caterham.

Well then, I have just made your life easier and removed your license. That way you won't have to follow yet another ruleset you are free to race however you want when racing online. You can thank me later, no worries. :)

Well then, I have just made your life easier and removed your license. That way you won't have to follow yet another ruleset you are free to race however you want when racing online. You can thank me later, no worries. :)

I don't know why you have to take my license away. I mean I didn't want my license taken away but that is kind of immature to do be cause I have done nothing wrong for it to be taken away.

I don't know why you have to take my license away. I mean I didn't want my license taken away but that is kind of immature to do be cause I have done nothing wrong for it to be taken away.

There's no place on RD for people using pirated copies. Especially if they want to explain why it's right to use them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back