Endurance with the Formula 2000 car

Yeap this is ours!!!!:redface: Its private though because its on a laptop home network and its only for eight persons.
By the way we can arrange to set it free tonight around 23:00 our time (GTM+2) if some of you wish to join us to our practice. We can make a small pre-race so we can see how it goes.
40 laps I think its ok

So if you are interested post it here so that we know who to expect :cool:

Yeap this is ours!!!!:redface: Its private though because its on a laptop home network and its only for eight persons.
By the way we can arrange to set it free tonight around 23:00 our time (GTM+2) if some of you wish to join us to our practice. We can make a small pre-race so we can see how it goes.
40 laps I think its ok

So if you are interested post it here so that we know who to expect :cool:

I'd like to try, thanks :). But I'm a complete noob, will just do a couple of practice laps, and get out of your way.

Hello guys!

As Chris said earlier, I have the server on my home adsl line, which means we cannot have more than 8-9 racers.

Anyway, it seems the test race will not get held tonight, but I'll leave the server on for practicing (120 mins practice, 30 mins qulas and 10 laps race, cycling around the clock).

The server password is set to "rd_enduro" (without the quotes).

We could arrange a test-race of 42 laps for tomorrow night though ;)

Awesome stuff gents, and a BIG THANK YOU to the GVR Team for letting us use their private practice server, much appreciated guys :)

Senad, Im doing roughly the same times mate, 54.3 is my quickest yet, so looks like we will do battle at the tail of the field, atleast we wont get board.:D

@Chris, thanks for the offer to practice, unfortunately missed out on that :( @Andrew 54.3 = "tail of the field"??? I'm still in the 56's! I tried a little to toy with the setup, but it just seems to slow me down. Anyone got any pointers on what values to concentrate on? ie shortening gears, wings/downforce

Hi guys, last night didn't work for me, so I couldn't practice. :frown:
I think today it would be great if we can arrange a practice race. 40 laps (full tank) or something like that?
The server is still up with the same password ''rd_enduro'' if anyone likes to practice
What do you think?
A good time for us in Greece is around 22:00 or 23:00 (GTM +2)

I was there for some time last night, one of your mates was in. But I then alt+tabbed, and couldn't get back, so I had to kill the game, LOL.

Anyway, GTL event for me tonight, so probably won't be doing another full race. I might come for a few practice laps around 23, if you don't start by then.

EDIT: ah, right, my ping was too high anyway, so probably not a good idea to race anyway :eek:

Awesome stuff gents, and a BIG THANK YOU to the GVR Team for letting us use their private practice server, much appreciated guys :)

[snip]
Don't mention it Andrew!

Actually we're making our first steps in nKPro, trying to get familiar with the sim's pros & cons, the online procedures & tools, etc.

GVRteam is well established as a team/community for years in LFS (we've won championships, we've organized domestic leagues with live webTV coverage, we've been featured a few times in the local Press, etc) but nKPro is a totally different beast, a much more realistic & difficult beast... we love it!

We are willing to contribute as much as we can to the general nKPro community, providing we first get a grip of the sim, while learning its "secrets" through unofficial events before proceeding to more serious stuff.

When we feel we're ready we may organize nKPro leagues, rent servers, livestream races, etc. For the moment we're more than happy to offer a home server for practicing RD club events, although we cannot promise it will always be available.

Glad to meet you guys!

[snip]

EDIT: ah, right, my ping was too high anyway, so probably not a good idea to race anyway :eek:
I'm sorry to hear that, but you can still try (it could be just a temporary bottleneck).

On another note, I think once the race starts nKPro does not allow any more racers to join. So it could be a good idea to make sure everyone is in the server prior to starting the race :)

I may not be able to join you guys, tonight but Chris will be able to handle any administrative tasks in the server.

Lastly, I think with the current DST, Greek time is GMT+3 (and not GMT+2). So you may need to check this out in order to make sure you'll all be on time :)

I use a G25 @ 360Degree
Have you tried 406°? It feels perfect for the single seaters. To find that rotation go beyond 406° until you reach 446° (or something ending in 6 (I can’t remember & I‘m currently away from my wheel)), then use the left arrow key to move back down.

On another note, I think once the race starts nKPro does not allow any more racers to join.
That’s controlled by the ACCEPTNEW line of the relevant session.

Hey Paul, I posted 2 current setups Im using for newbury 06, not fast but ok, give em a try, tweak em whatever you want mate.
I use a G25 @ 360Degree

Link:www.racedepartment.com/netkar-pro-setups/40317-formula-2000-newbury-2006-a.html

Hope they help
Cheers

I managed to improve a bit with your Newbury06-BKR-54-7 setup. Nothing fancy, it's the driving that needs improving the most.

Driver Senad Subasic improved his Formula2000 time on newbury 2006 layout and moved to position 118 with a time of 54.633 (improvement: 0.114).

Tried the other one too, way too understeery for my taste. But I might steal it anyway, didn't even try driving with a full tank for a bit.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%