Dual monitors for GTL Question

Jack Smith

Premium
Hello

I have just bought two more monitors to setup a triple display system but I'm waiting for a DP adapter to arrive to complete the hookup. So.. I have been playing around with a dual setup for now just for fun. It works fine in FSX and Euro Truck 2 Demo but unable to get GTL or the PnG demo even to open with this dual setup. I have gone into the GTLConfig.exe/PnGconfig.exe and changed the resolution to 3840 x 1200 but still no go. Any ideas? I'm a little nervous that if it will not run on dual, then the triple may not work also. This was one of the main reason for investing tin the triple...online racing in GTL.

Radeon 6900 series graphics, with Eyefinity windows 7 home premium, 64 bit. both monitors are 1920 x 1200.
Any ideas.

Success. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Triple display working fine for GTL as right now. I stockpiled Roland's and Rupe's trouble shooting ideas and did the following:
Steps:
1) Set up a password for the admin account
2) Re-booted
3) Set up a eyefinity group and get it working
3) Remove XD from GTL
4) Run GTL---failure
5) Select one of the lowest res options in the GTL config. 2400 X 600
6) Select windows mode--- run GTL---success
7) Select the highest res for the monitor --- 5760 X 1200 -- success

It was selecting the windows mode that seemed to do it.
I put XD back in and it still ran fine.:)

Thanks guys... now I don't feel like I threw away hundreds ot dollars on a setup that won't work. Ya I know what you are thinking I threw away hundreds of dollars on a setup that is working :cool: which is a much better feeling. This was the last step in a two year long upgrade plan to get to this spot.
Thanks again.

PS Now if we can just get by the 23rd of Dec2012. It would be a shame for the world to end just after I get my system up and running. ( typing with my fingers crossed just in case)

Interesting, once the missus is up after I've let her have a lie in, (i know, i really am that nice ;-) ), I'm going to have to give this a shot.

One question about the full screen mode and the ratio used. I presume 54 is the number for a 5/4 monitor while a 74 is for a 16/10, but what would you set to make 6016 x 1080 on a 16/9?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 240 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%