Dual monitors for GTL Question

Jack Smith

Premium
Hello

I have just bought two more monitors to setup a triple display system but I'm waiting for a DP adapter to arrive to complete the hookup. So.. I have been playing around with a dual setup for now just for fun. It works fine in FSX and Euro Truck 2 Demo but unable to get GTL or the PnG demo even to open with this dual setup. I have gone into the GTLConfig.exe/PnGconfig.exe and changed the resolution to 3840 x 1200 but still no go. Any ideas? I'm a little nervous that if it will not run on dual, then the triple may not work also. This was one of the main reason for investing tin the triple...online racing in GTL.

Radeon 6900 series graphics, with Eyefinity windows 7 home premium, 64 bit. both monitors are 1920 x 1200.
Any ideas.

Tim Ling
Yes Eyefinity will do that but one out of the 3 monitors must be connected through DisplayPort or MiniDP. Not many screens have those, hence Jacks need for an adapter.

Jack Smith
Don't you worry mate, it will work. GTR2 is known to be more unstable with multiple screen setups than GTL. Both me and Jacob Boonstra have had issues with GTR2 multiplayer on 3 screens online, where the game would crash if there was a player in the server with a blank/space in their playername ?!?!?! (imagine that :confused:)
Neitehr of us has had such issues with GTL. I'm on W7-64 like you and Jacob runs W7-32.
We'll get it working no matter what. You know there's plenty of helpful dudes around here:thumbsup:

I have no idea about the 2 monitors, but when you have the three monitors it should work.
Have the AMD6700 and eyefinity with three monitors running at 5040x1050.
Two monitors 1680x1050 for the left and right and the middle one 1920x1080 changed to 1680x1050, the middle its a bit streched out but it works :)

Does anyone with 3 screens know a way to change the menu screens. I use 3 screens and the menus stretch across all screens in pretty low res so it's a pain when going through some stuff. Naturally the game's fine once you start..

Does anyone with 3 screens know a way to change the menu screens. I use 3 screens and the menus stretch across all screens in pretty low res so it's a pain when going through some stuff. Naturally the game's fine once you start..

There's no way to fix the menu's in GTL or GTR2 AFAIK.
One does get used to it after a while though. Nowadays the default menus look a bit funny to me whenever I see GTL run on a single screen.

i found this on a site for a better fov may be good for 3 screens,
or 1 big screen (click me) dont forget you need to login to download:)

This file seems pretty much redundant to me as you can dynamically change the FOV in-game when in cockpit view. I think you need to press CTRL + LMB and move the mouse forward or backwards to change FOV. (Works with single screen as well of course..) Personally I use lowest FOV (the very most forward) setting available, but that setting is a bit claustrophobic for single screen.

Well I may call for help sometime because my GTL will not boot up when the three monitors are running. I Have the Eyefinity display of 1 X 3 working and Eruo Truck Sim was working ok but GTL does not load up. I changed GTLconfig.exe to the 5760 X 1200 resolution but no go..

Right now I unplugged the third monitor and I am running 2 monitors with extended display. This way the GTL will work on one monitor and the other monitor can be accessed for other uses.

Hmmm. Any ideas

Eyefinity Software Setup Jack Smith found this on http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/344343-15-eyefinity-setup-guide

your using windows 7 Jack
What Operating Systems does AMD Eyefinity technology work with?
At present Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 support AMD Eyefinity technology. There are plans for Linux support in an upcoming update to AMD Catalyst™ software. There is no support for Windows® XP.

Firstly Configure all you displays to be the same resolution (e.g 1920x1080)
then open Catalyst Control Center and click "Create Eyefinity Display Group"

Select 1 monitor to create the group from

choose your orientation setup (3x1 is most common)

More than likley the order of the screens will be off. click the arrange button and follow the instructions to correct it.

Click Finish to complete the setup

Thanks for the info Rupe.

I had found and aleady watched the first video before but I will follow the second one closely.

I feel that I had the system setup correctly before because the Euro Truck Sim was runnning ok on three monitors. The problem was the GTL will not load up when I ran it. The Euro Truck Sim ran ok but not GTL so more investigation needed.

I have not had time to work on it physically since the initial effort and I may have to wait untll tomorrow for more spare time. I 've got about an hour today right now and that's it for today.
I have been searching the net looking for info..specifically for GTL setup process but everything seems to run fine for them and therefore they do not give any special process to follow. That is the problem right now.

Sorry to hear you're struggling so badly Jack.. I've been quite swamped with RL stuff this week so haven't been around here much.

I don't really recall going through this much trouble when I got my 3 screens, and although my res. is much lower than yours (3x 1280x1024) that shouldn't make much difference.
From my (somewhat) recent struggles with using Crossfire and attempts at connecting 5 screens I've learned quite a lot about Eyefinity and its limitations, so I'd be happy to try and assist you at a time that's comfortable to both of us. Or even try a TeamViewer session if that's something you feel comfortable with. One way or the other, it can work so it will work for you as well Jack.

Have you tried the lowest resolution you can use Jack, maybe the game cant handle the 5760 X 1200 resolution.

Are you running the config as Admin, as well as the sim remember eyefinity doesn't work on XP so maybe don't have the compatibility checked to run as Xp service pack 3

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%