Double-Capacity, Extra Boost KERS Mod For All Cars.

Finally, I'd love to present a genuine car performance mod, created thanks to the awesome Ryder's CTF Editor, without which it would have not been possible. (link). This mod will ..
  1. Add an extra 599 kJ of KERS capacity to the existing F1 KERS battery. It will total the charge capacity to 999 kJ for all cars, giving you more KERS power to use around each lap.
  2. Increase the power boost from 60 kW (80.4 HP) to 80 kW (approximately 100 HP) each time the button is pressed, giving an extra kick to the acceleration of the car.
    (Values derived from the official FIA technical articles)
This also includes KERS added to the Catherham, Virgin and HRT cars. The power is recharged each time you start a new lap. This mod will not adversely affect the performance of the cars in any way whatsoever, and there is no extra weight added due to the larger battery as well. Simply copy the files over the existing ones in the Cars folder, it will replace the existing *.ctf files.

Enjoy!

UPDATE
I'm so sorry I had forgotten to include the modified Williams files in the previous upload, so I have added them here below in a different file. :) Oops.

f120112012061300273952.jpg

Download Here
Download Here (added the modified Williams files)

I tried your mod, but I have not seen any additional thrust :(
Additional thrust is only 20 HP, the main benefit is extra capacity of KERS, you can use for longer. If you want extra thrust or extra fast engine I can make it but it makes the game too easy, you just fly past everyone. Extra fast engine also means it overheats quite fast, uses more fuel, and you also hit REV limiter on the straight more often. :)

Great work. Will this overwrite CTF files installed by Mr Pibbs 2012 Mod which has altered cars data based on the 2012 season? If so what files can i adjust in the 2012 mod data to use similar kers info as your mod modifies?

Btw, I found out that the AI uses the setup from balanced folder. So if you were to edit that and the track files, wouldn't your speed be still relative to the AI? The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the AI uses the engine_power_scale from the ctf files or the engine_power values from the database, or both.

Great work. Will this overwrite CTF files installed by Mr Pibbs 2012 Mod which has altered cars data based on the 2012 season? If so what files can i adjust in the 2012 mod data to use similar kers info as your mod modifies?

Oh, well here, I only changed these values. Lines 194, 195

67625810.gif

Although I'm pretty sure that Mr. Pibbs's mod was released before Ryder's program, I think what he did was to create the CTF files for Austin and Bahrain by copying from another track because those files didn't exist. I don't think he made any performance changes, although I'm not sure about that. Either ways, you can change the values above as you want.

Btw, I found out that the AI uses the setup from balanced folder. So if you were to edit that and the track files, wouldn't your speed be still relative to the AI? The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the AI uses the engine_power_scale from the ctf files or the engine_power values from the database, or both.

Oh really? I didn't know that. Well I didn't notice the AI to have any increased speed in my game, they sucked as usual. I thought Balanced folder was for online gaming or something, but I've never raced online.

@Scott Tanner: If you're using my 2012 update you're playing the bog standard game - performance wise. My mod doesn't change any performance at all - it's purely a graphical/language/stats update. A renaming exercise essentially. That is, unless you've added extra mods of course...

Even the Bahrain and Austin Texas additions are a mere renaming exercise, in fact the user must do the renaming themselves.

So adding modded CTF files will make no difference to my mod. If you want to mod CTFs for Bahrain and Austin, just copy your modded Istanbul and Korea files across to the Bahrain and Austin folders respectively and the job's done. Keep the same file names.

@Ryder25: Thanks for all your tools to allow us to do these mods. :)

I think it uses both cos if we decrease the Power in database that will effect the AI but not the Player
and when we edit the Engine_power_scale it effects the teams so the Both AI and Player
It was the Just Theoretical but it works i believe

I think it uses both cos if we decrease the Power in database that will effect the AI but not the Player
and when we edit the Engine_power_scale it effects the teams so the Both AI and Player
It was the Just Theoretical but it works i believe

Well here's the thing. Having modified both Balanced and Track files, my AI still trundles along at their same slow speed. I am able to lap them by lap 5 at Monza. Also if the AI have been using the modified ctf files, wouldn't all their engines and brakes be overheating too? Mine does - you should listen to my race engineer, he's in my ear every two seconds complaining that we're going too fast! Btw, AI engine power is determined by the BHP values in database. I gave them all 1000+ BHP, its fun racing them and seeing all in a hurry to finish the race. :D

You can see for yourself. Best way to test it is to change the camber to something like -0.5 for each of the camber values and in-game you can see the tyres getting bent inwards. So I'm pretty sure the AI really does use values from balanced. But if what you say is true then maybe the engine power is only taken from the database for the AI but not the player.

Oh, well here, I only changed these values. Lines 194, 195

67625810.gif

Although I'm pretty sure that Mr. Pibbs's mod was released before Ryder's program, I think what he did was to create the CTF files for Austin and Bahrain by copying from another track because those files didn't exist. I don't think he made any performance changes, although I'm not sure about that. Either ways, you can change the values above as you want.
Thanks , ill check it out.

@Scott Tanner: If you're using my 2012 update you're playing the bog standard game - performance wise. My mod doesn't change any performance at all - it's purely a graphical/language/stats update. A renaming exercise essentially. That is, unless you've added extra mods of course...

Even the Bahrain and Austin Texas additions are a mere renaming exercise, in fact the user must do the renaming themselves.

So adding modded CTF files will make no difference to my mod. If you want to mod CTFs for Bahrain and Austin, just copy your modded Istanbul and Korea files across to the Bahrain and Austin folders respectively and the job's done. Keep the same file names.

@Ryder25: Thanks for all your tools to allow us to do these mods. :)

Thank you for the confirmation, and for the awesome season update you made. Im loving it. I use this and Kristiannns database file that he designed for your mod.

You can see for yourself. Best way to test it is to change the camber to something like -0.5 for each of the camber values and in-game you can see the tyres getting bent inwards. So I'm pretty sure the AI really does use values from balanced. But if what you say is true then maybe the engine power is only taken from the database for the AI but not the player.

oh now that you mention it. I think at least my team mate copies every setup change that i make. i have some bug with my car for some reason, it always scrapes the ground no matter what ride hide i use. (i think its because before your tool existed i simply copied redbull*ctf files and renamed it to renault*ctf in order to get the extra downforce), anyways, as my car scrapes the ground and sparks every time, my team mate car also scrapes and sparks too! the others are normal. also when i remove all wing for some tracks, i am fast in straight line, but my team mate is fast in straight line too.

It scrapes the ground because the Renault model is close to the ground so CM made its ride height to 0.07 as opposed to 0.04 and 0.03 for most other cars.

What I've found is track and balanced are both for player but of course balanced is for equal online cars setting. The AI does use balanced for its setup but for power it uses the database values and not the engine_power_scale.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%