Dacia Logan S2000

Hey guys
I thought i post my work here also and i will start with a litle history about my project.

The S2000 project was put in motion about 2 years ago when i had from little to nothing experience with modeling,conversion,skining, or even setting up a car with a proper setup.
For those who dont know or heard about Dacia Logan,here are some things.

dacia-logan-2005_528_11.jpg

General

Doors number:​
4-doors
Carbody type:​
sedan
Transmission:​
5 speed, manual
Fuel:​
petrol
General warranty:​
3 years, 100000 km
Carbody warranty:​
6 years
Release date:​
november 2005
End date:​
June 2008

Performance

Top speed:​
162 km/h
Acceleration 0-100 km/h:​
13,0 s
Urban consumption:​
9,2 l/100km
Urban consumption kms:​
(1 op 10,9)
Extra-urban consumption:​
5,5 l/100km
Extra-urban consumption kms:​
(1 op 18,2)
Average consumption:​
6,8 l/100km
Average consumption kms:​
(1 op 14,7)
CO2 Emission:​
166 g/km
Energy level:

D

Engine

Cylinders:​
4, in line
Valves per cylinder:​
Capacity:​
1390 cm3
Bore x stroke:​
79,5 x 70,0 mm
Compression:​
9,5:1
Max power:​
55 kW (75 hp)
Max power RPM:​
5500 rpm
Max torque:​
112 Nm
Max torque RPM:​
3000 rpm
Fuel system:​
multipoint injection
Engine type:​
ohc
Turbo:​
no
Catalyst:​
regular

CAR CHASE

Drive:​
front
Front suspension:​
onafh., McPherson
Rear suspension:​
onafh., dwarsarmen
Front suspension:​
screw springs
Rear suspension:​
screw springs
Front stabilizer:​
yes
Rear stabilizer:​
no
Front breaks:​
discs, 259 mm
Rear breaks:​
trommels, 203 mm
Tire:​
185/65R15
Turning circle:​
10,5 m

The car Dacia carmaker owned by the Renault group, was tested by Simon Jean-Joseph, engaged, among other things, in the European Rally Championship.
Just to say, but a lot to see. Two furtive shots that eventually immortalize the car that will mark the return of the French giant Renault (the largest manufacturer in Europe) in the second world championship after Formula One, which is proving egregious things.
Turning to the description of the car, the line is slightly more graceful than the road version, just photogenic to say the truth. Super 2000 livery recalls another, but the WTCC, the Chevrolet Lacetti. We can also notice a generous air intake in the front bumper (the height of the radiator) and in the hood, like the Subaru Impreza. The mirrors are placed in much the same position as the Ford Focus WRC, while in the hood, we notice the air intake to the passenger compartment, clearly resembling the Mitsubishi Lancer Group N.

23.jpg

Engineering Engine Type naturally aspirated inline-4 Displacement 1,997 cc (122 cu in)
Power 237 bhp (177 kW; 240 PS) @ 8,300 rpm
Power (US & EU) 247 bhp (184 kW; 250 PS) @ 8,300 rpm
Valvetrain 16-valve DOHC VTEC Transmission 6-speed seq

This are the only specs i could find about the S2000 because sadly the project was abandoned and there were no official statemant about the car specs.

The model

This is a picture from my first atempt to creat a 3D model of Dacia S2000
ScreenShot063.jpg

When i look at it now,i see that i improved a bit :D

This is how it looks today
a.jpg

I`ve made another video in wich i show some of the things i`ve worked on.Its still work in progress.

Upated parts:
1.Wheels
2.Windows
3.Brakelights
4.Headlights
5.Damage (detachable parts)

Wheels:
1rst and 2nd scenes it shows the wheel (rim and tire) transition from stand stil to speeding up.It uses 2 steps,less and more blur.The rims also have specular map and cube map reflections.

Windows:
3rd scene its the windows with a tint of blue and a nice and soft reflection.

Brakelights:
4th scene shows the brakelights cover with working lights and also you can see the exhaust pipe with some backfire effects.

Headlights:
5th scene is were you see the headlights (metalic interior and glassy exterior cover)This ones have the same secular map and cube map added.No lights yet,i am working on it.

Damage:
6th scene is set to show the damage with flying parts (wheels,bumper,splitter,wing,brakelights cover and headlights cover)
I might add a few more detachable parts such as exterior mirrors and roof air vent.

This is what i made so far....it might not look to proffesional and clean but i try to keep up with the system i am guiding from.The only thing in physics that is closer to real specs of the car is the engine,this and the rest of the files are from different MODs to help me test the project and are used only for guide.

I absolutely love this. Stunning little car you made! Fantastic work :) I'm already picturing a Racing Club event with this car ;) The damage model looks great. Are there any restrictions to how many parts of the car can be broken off? Does the game use more memory when the damage model is more detailed? I'm asking because I'm not familiar at all in the modding side of things. Maybe you could make the hood (bonnet), the fenders and the sideskirts detachable. I don't know how much work this is for you and whether this even is compatible with the game, though! Keep up the amazing work :thumbsup:

I dont know yet of how many objects can be detachable....if it was me i would of make everything detachables,important parts.....lets say windows...at light contact a broken glass efect and after a harder one the windows smashes or at least falls of :))
But any other adds on the model it makes it even demanding on lower PC cinfiguration.
For now i must admit it doesnt have any LODs and with 25 cars on track lowest FPS i had was 47.I know its not mutch but my system isnt to good so i am maybe low regarding PC specs.
My system :
ProcessorAMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, 3000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical
RAM 4Gb
Video GTX 560Ti 1Gb.
I am sure many have at least if not over this configuration and to play this MOD will not be a problem.

Update on visual part

Upated parts:
1.Wheels
2.Windows
3.Brakelights
4.Headlights
5.Damage (detachable parts)

3.Brakelights and brakelights cover visual update.

Phisycs small update.

Just a tiny update overall because i didnt had to mutch time on my hands.

be assured that the Polo won't be neglected at all! :D
at first I have to get familiar with the current state of the Dacia (looks very advanced on first sight) and then on some day I can start working on it step by step...during all this time the Polo will get its needed attention from time to time :D what's currently breaking the progression on the Polo is the fact that I have to do all the Skins on my own as no one is willing to help...all together you will have to wait until it's done xD

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%