Custom Skins in build 118

Alen Pecanin

Premium
so I've made a skin for the renault clio in photoshop.. saved it as a dds file.. named it clio_15alt.dds and put it into userdata/player/settings/Clio_Cup/ folder.. still it doesnt show up in-game.. what have I done wrong? can somebody help? I've been on youtube.. even downloaded a rf2 skin to see if I did everything right, but cant make it work

thanks in advance for help

MODEDIT
Click here for the direct answer to the question.

There is a way to make it work again, but that only works offline, as you have to make a whole new component for the class you made a skin for. It's a lot of work for 1 skin :) I wouldnt do that. Just wait and see what kind of new feature they will think of.

Yes, i guess you can make skins and save them as .dds because the templates won't change. But as said, you can't get them ingame in this build simply. It could be an option to do an extra install, but then the previous build. But I don't know if that works though.

Yes, i guess you can make skins and save them as .dds because the templates won't change. But as said, you can't get them ingame in this build simply. It could be an option to do an extra install, but then the previous build. But I don't know if that works though.
Yes, that will work. However, you will only be able to use that offline, as most servers are updated to the latest build.

Yes, that will work. However, you will only be able to use that offline, as most servers are updated to the latest build.
^

Marco.. do you have the older build installed? just wondering.. if so, could I send my skin to you so I can see how it turned out? its my first time skinning on rfactor 2.. and havent been sim racing for almost 2 years before recently.. I just wanna see if it turned out right and if I saved the dds file the correct way.. just curious :)

You have to save your .dds as that

Mydocs/rfactor2/userdata/player/setups/Renault_clio/clio_15/clio_15alt.dds

You have to create 1 new folder on setup: Renault_clio and a sub-folder for the car number clio_xx. Copy your dds on

My clio simspon cup on build 118:

http://f1-eracing.fr/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=34&id=313&Itemid=491&lang=fr#740

And my F1isiR build 118:

http://f1-eracing.fr/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=34&id=314&Itemid=491&lang=fr#757

If you want to know the name of folder? Check with MAS2 open a .mas of the vehicles and find where are the .dds file for the vhl. You can find all .mas in mydocs/rfactor2/installed/vehicles/... And a soft MAS2 into support.
Don't change nothing on the vehicles .mas . You will be excluded by server in the online game !!!!

I hope i help more peoples with this tips.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back