Credibility for Montoya and VirtualR - ZERO

That site is one big joke now..

At first when he said he would join PCARS, it was bad enough to run a news site and be affiliated with a game you are reviewing but now he made this article....

And made it sound like it was specific to iRacing.

Be prepared for some interesting reading, the moderator is also an idiot and replies to every single negative post about the subject despite Kunoz and other well-established sim creators say that the issue is found in all the sims.

http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-magic-save-exploit-causes-controversy#disqus_thread

Yeah Greg, that part is, of course, not true to life. I guess I just don't see the big deal. It doesn't make you better, and it certainly doesn't make you faster. It seems the worst it does is keep a guy from piling the wall and ending his (and possibly other's) race. Sure, it should be fixed, but controversy? El oh el. The "qualifying burnouts" at Talledega were worse than this two footed exploding throttle slide save HAX technique. Those could actually decide a winner.

Somehow it makes you faster, because you know that, using that exploit, you aren't going to spin if you are smart enough to smash both pedals, and that gives you some extra margin to push more during the race.

Did anyone watch the F1 race at Valencia? Bruno Senna I swear did this and saved his spin lol. Front tyres locked, and the car spun and corrected itself....

It doesnt make you faster, but it does allow you to minismize the impact of a mistake. In my last couple of races in the Star Mazda I have been doing it, and I think its done wonders to my Saftey rating.

Lol Josh I was thinking exactly the same thing! Haha! And I've started using it to savor myself, not in race just practice as it saves doing extra laps to start a hotlap again. I find it works better in some cars than others. Riley doesn't work so well whereas skippy comes from past 90degs to straight again!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%