Credibility for Montoya and VirtualR - ZERO

That site is one big joke now..

At first when he said he would join PCARS, it was bad enough to run a news site and be affiliated with a game you are reviewing but now he made this article....

And made it sound like it was specific to iRacing.

Be prepared for some interesting reading, the moderator is also an idiot and replies to every single negative post about the subject despite Kunoz and other well-established sim creators say that the issue is found in all the sims.

http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-magic-save-exploit-causes-controversy#disqus_thread

Well, the thread started as a frown towards the pretty much unveiled way in which VR moderators side with pCARS and discredit other developers and their product. Now it has turned into a thread where one guy defends pCARS with all he can come up with.

that was my first post:
"montoya writes on vr.:
Of course there wouldn't be a topic about bugs in pCARS because I wouldn't know where to start, right now there's a gazillion bugs in it and nobody's denying that.... which is because it's still a year away from release.
If you can't understand the difference between a software in pre-alpha stage and a finished product that is used for professional competitions then I don't know what to say. Nobody expects pCARS to be a finished product but iRacing is pushing hard to be seen as the top shelf simulation that is closer connected to real racing than any other product. If you want to have that reputation you have to live with being under the magnifying glass.
A physics bug like this in iRacing is simply a much bigger deal than in other racing games."

and that was the answer:
"Ahh the old "pre-alpha-trick"............. ;)
the rest a generally bad excuse."

so what's your problem.

that was my first post:
"montoya writes on vr.:
Of course there wouldn't be a topic about bugs in pCARS because I wouldn't know where to start, right now there's a gazillion bugs in it and nobody's denying that.... which is because it's still a year away from release.
If you can't understand the difference between a software in pre-alpha stage and a finished product that is used for professional competitions then I don't know what to say. Nobody expects pCARS to be a finished product but iRacing is pushing hard to be seen as the top shelf simulation that is closer connected to real racing than any other product. If you want to have that reputation you have to live with being under the magnifying glass.
A physics bug like this in iRacing is simply a much bigger deal than in other racing games."
and that was the answer:
"Ahh the old "pre-alpha-trick"............. ;)

the rest a generally bad excuse."
so what's your problem.
I think you are a bit confused at the moment...

Well, the thread started as a frown towards the pretty much unveiled way in which VR moderators side with pCARS and discredit other developers and their product. Now it has turned into a thread where one guy defends pCARS with all he can come up with.

Agree Yoeri.

Martin we are not bashing pCARS, what we are bashing is Montoya (the virtualr owner and moderator) saying he is unbiased on his website when clearly he isn't. He is now posting "news" about bugs found in iRacing which he has never done so in the past. This is where the problem is. Montoya is even, if he doesn't say it, bashing iRacing by posting the physics bug. Now he did try to stay unbiased by not posting his opinion but he runs the site and he posted the physics bug problem so he is taking a biased stand because of who he works for. He is publicly showing faults in other competitors product, you can not deny that.

i just get in this forum with the words of montoya.
and the first answer was "Ahh the old "pre-alpha-trick"
i think there was a need to repeat.
also there are speculations that he write the article because he is involved in pcars.and i think that's not right.
and is every person with an different view a fanboy?

This was posted by Montoya (Rob) back in September.
Ever since starting VirtualR, I put a big emphasis on the site being independent and neutral as I´ve always try to report on stuff the most balanced way possible without giving any title, mod or product any special treatment based on personal preference.
To continue with this open & transparent approach, I would like to let you all know that I´m working for Slightly Mad Studios as of today. I strongly want to point out that this will not interfere with the way I run VirtualR as I´ve always kept my day job a completely separate entity from the site and this will not change in the future.
VirtualR is set up to sustain itself thanks to my advertisers (please go check them out, they´re awesome for continuously supporting VirtualR!) and will stay independent from what I do for a living. Like I said above, almost nothing will change as I´ll still be covering the same titles and topics in the same neutral manner as before.
The only thing that I will change is that I won’t be doing any software reviews as long as I´m involved with SMS. I simply don’t feel comfortable on judging other software products while being in this position, I´m very happy to publish guest reviews though! I´ll be continuing to provide hardware reviews as usual of course.
In terms of VirtualR, there will be plenty of change coming up very soon as I´ve already shared a small preview of the new design on Twitter. The site will also be getting an all-new (and bug free!) comment system as well so there’s plenty of good stuff to come in the near future!
Rob aka Montoya

Now lets look at key sentence he says in that letter

The only thing that I will change is that I won’t be doing any software reviews as long as I´m involved with SMS. I simply don’t feel comfortable on judging other software products while being in this position,

Now rewind to a few days ago with his post about the iRacing bug. Now it is not a review but he is still talking about a competitors product which he clearly says "I simply don't feel comfortable on judging other software." He is judging by posting it on his site. So he clearly is lying about not having an opinion on this bug.

That is all I have to say about this topic. But in all honesty I check virtualr everyday and will continue to do so. I just look past the pCARs news and read the other articles. The website is still one of the best simracing resource site out there.

i just get in this forum with the words of montoya.
and the first answer was "Ahh the old "pre-alpha-trick"
i think there was a need to repeat.
also there are speculations that he write the article because he is involved in pcars.and i think that's not right.
and is every person with an different view a fanboy?
Both you and him seems to completely fail at understanding why there was such a noise after he posted both articles.

It´s not about iRacing or PCARS really.

What on earth does this have to with iRacing besides a peripheral mention of the right your car using both feet "hack" (personally, never been able to replicate it, must take much practice - I prefer not to spin my car - it's generally faster that way).
Yoeri, can you launch this thread into a black hole somewhere?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%