F1 2011 Confused about some things...

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I've looked for these answers and can't find them anywhere after a couple hours googling.

In season 1 I picked Hamilton as my rival and beat him. When I accepted the contract offer shouldn't I have replaced him? Instead I'm driving alongside him as his #2(that lasted til race 10) when I was made his equal.

In season 2 I've never been able to pick my R&D path(I assumed because I was #2 again) If I accept the contract renewal for McLaren for season 3 will I be able to pick it then?

And finally, I'm confused by the Xp per race. All through season 1 for lotus I was getting approx 4100 Xp per race apart from the end of the race where I won the championship where I received 10k+ and the qualifying for the following race where I got pole I got 10k+ as well.
Season 2 it's varied race to race, averaging at about 3400k per quali/race if I meet objectives. Lowest 2100. Is this because of the R&D paths its chosen automatically for me? Season 1 was balanced I think, 2 is Intermediate.

Cheers for any help clearing this up.
I'm on x360 if it makes any difference.

Baron :)

Rivals: In 2010 game you got offered his seat. In 2011 game I dont think there is a correlation between rivals and offers at all. I have beaten several and not had any offers at all.

R&D you only get to choose once you are #1 driver. It happens as you enter the pits at Brazil and you are taken to that screen without any fanfare and you choose. Youre choice will remain till you leave the team, you don't get to choose it again.

The impact of this on your targets: I believe that choosing agressive gets you more upgrades but much higher targets, in my season 2 Williams I was tasked with podiums.
I am testing the lowest path (blanced ) this season to challenge my assumption that it will mean easier targets and less upgrades..

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm sorry though I'm still confused. I've read that the contract offers you get are based on rep. But I ended season 1 with only about 18/19 driver level. Where McLaren needs about Lvl 30 rep. So the fact I got the offer from them I assumed was because I named Hamilton as my rival.

Also again in season 2 I got an offer from red bull i thought because I had named webber as my rival and the next highest team(other than McLaren offering to renew) was from Toro Rosso.

Ah well i spose ill just keep playing and see how things pan out. I tried playing on Hard with professional ai and its too big a learning jump to learn the tracks without a corner racing line AND get used to manual gears.

Hats off to you guys that play on that setting straight away hehe!

Cheers again David!

Baron

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm sorry though I'm still confused. I've read that the contract offers you get are based on rep. But I ended season 1 with only about 18/19 driver level. Where McLaren needs about Lvl 30 rep. So the fact I got the offer from them I assumed was because I named Hamilton as my rival.

Also again in season 2 I got an offer from red bull i thought because I had named webber as my rival and the next highest team(other than McLaren offering to renew) was from Toro Rosso.

Ah well i spose ill just keep playing and see how things pan out. I tried playing on Hard with professional ai and its too big a learning jump to learn the tracks without a corner racing line AND get used to manual gears.

Hats off to you guys that play on that setting straight away hehe!

Cheers again David!

Baron
PLeased to be of some help.
I am jealous as I ended a 5 season career with no RedBull offer.
But I am playing Expert and 75% distance.
The longer the race the harder it is to outdrive your cars true pace. EG I have found. In a 5 lapper you can jump them at the start and defend. Over 2 pit stops it gets more complex.

Regarding AI driver level I am convinced that dropping assists is the first priority and speeding up AI is the later priority.
I have learned more with assists off than with high assists and Legend AI.

Happy racing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back