rF2 Caterham Academy @ 60's Oulton Park - Fri 10th Feb 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was thinking about taking part tonight, but a rare invite to the pub has taken preference.

I downloaded the 1.99 mod earlier from rfc, and rar file was corrupt. Tried twice, no joy.

Use the one click download the third time and it gave me v1.5a, not 1.99 which runs fine, but not checked with server

@victor - server log shows you having "Roadsport.hdv" mismatch also.

OK not entirely successful if I'm honest - the v1.99 feels a bit less friendly than the v1.75 so we'll be going back to that from next week.

I'll get the template out for skins as well over the weekend and we can start building it up from there.

I don't care if this is not read by anyone but I must vent:(
Race 1. Waiting for the start, I took a quick glance in the mirror ( no red lights lit yet) , came back just as someone to my right was stepping hard on the gas so I had a kneejerk reaction thinking the race had started. No one else had started, no green light. I hit the brakes. Shortly after the real start arrived and after a bit of racing found myself in a rare second spot. Yaaa. Next thing I know I get a warning to pit this lap for a penalty( stop/go I assumed). I enter the pits, pit limiter on, checked the cllipboard, no penalty enabled for me to select. Set the fuel to as small a value as possible and hit enter. Forgot to select no tire change..set for about a minute or more. Pit limiter back on, back on track, way behind, did a lap or two and got a DQ message at the 12 min mark for not serving a stop/go???? I quit the game to try and practice a penalty offline and then rejoin for Race 2. Later I re-enterd the game during practice mode ( I thought I saw it highlighted above) for race 2 and I set about playing with a setup and went out on the track to try it out. On my third lap I got a message to pit ...it was my third lap of qualifying????, so I escaped out but I did not receive a qualitication time. Started last. Decided to use a default setup. Venting complete.

The rest of the event.... smooth. Had a good battle with Floea while watching poor Chris hit the dirt several times. Finished around 4th or 5th I believe.

I guess back to the other mod 1.75 next time. Cheers all. Good try Stu but I guess the new mod was a disappointment.

race 1 sounds like your issue, i know rfactor still has many bugs (mainly due to track/mod).. but for me it is always clear when i have to come in for stop/go, and how to select the right parameters in the pit menu. sounds like you had a fun race 2 though :) shame i missed this one

That was probably me Jack, first race in a long time and was watching the count-down clock in the chat window :oops: I had a drive through penalty so just entered the pits, hit the limiter and drove through, did not select pit-stop.
Bottom line, watch the lights not the numpty at the side of you :D
I was surprised at the call to change the cars to v1.75 because they 'were undrivable' yet most were within a couple of seconds lap times. Still I only race now and then so what do I know.

I enjoyed the race until I lost FFB for some reason. Went on to try the v1.75 and just kept locking up!

I was thinking about taking part tonight, but a rare invite to the pub has taken preference.

I downloaded the 1.99 mod earlier from rfc, and rar file was corrupt. Tried twice, no joy.

Use the one click download the third time and it gave me v1.5a, not 1.99 which runs fine, but not checked with server

@victor - server log shows you having "Roadsport.hdv" mismatch also.

What is Roadsport.h?

PD: Sorry for the duble post

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%