BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

I've been learning track editing with 3DS Max... however it turns out that I'm not patient enough to get beyond the basics (spline + loft = track... now what?). So I tried the BTB demo... and I like what I see (except that you can't merge tracks, like for a pitlane or alternate route). But reading threads like this make me scared to hand over my money.

Is the project dead? Have we seen any action in the past year? Will there ever be a 1.0?

DjFIL
The problems seem to be with the 'Beta' version (BTB Pro 0.8.9.1) but there's no problems with BTB Pro 0.8.0.3 as far as I have found....
Just make sure you set the licensing period for a couple of months rather than a year or 18months if your likely to be changing any major components at any time while BTB is active..
The frequent 're-licensing' is to guarantee that your only running it on one PC as the method it uses is to register the program to your motherboard & other components...
Also be sure you have no ancillary devices such as external hard drives plugged in at the time of registration.
Best of luck with your project(s)

I am back working on this once again (finally) but have numerous hurdles to overcome. My old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reload all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

I am back working on this once again (finally) but have numerous hurdles to overcome. My old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reload all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

FREAKIN' AWESOME, Brendon! Can't wait to see a new version. Can we help (monetary?)

Ive never really had a problem with BTB that wasn't ultimately caused by myself (lol!), but an option to export to .FBX format to make it easier to build for Assetto Corsa instead of having to convert from DirectX...
Or maybe 'just' an option to Export to Assetto Corsa & rFactor2 anyway maybe....
Just a thought ;)

Still don't know why it happends but sometimes tracks just don't show up ingame. This did occur twice for me.

Other issues:
-Transparency (specially fences) don't work
-Errors specially while deleting AIW waypoints

Ideas:
-Align track nodes (to make nice straights)
-Align altitude of points in a track, usefull when making an oval track after adding the baking. (to make all the inner points to be at same height)

Some dreaming...
-A better track merging system would be great
-Editing the Background textures
-And (dreaming) importing terrain from google earth :p

-And (dreaming) importing terrain from google earth :p

Mr Oblongo has hit the nail on the head there for me...
A simpler way of adding GE Terrain or other forms of terrain (such as the zaxxon method) would be an awesome revelation!
Personally I prefer my tracks to lap in the 10's of kilometers & I'd give unmentionable parts of my anatomy to make this job easier!

Still don't know why it happends but sometimes tracks just don't show up ingame. This did occur twice for me.

Other issues:
-Transparency (specially fences) don't work
-Errors specially while deleting AIW waypoints

Ideas:

Thanks MrOblongo, can you please be very specific about the errors and if possible provide an example track that demonstrates the error.

Can you replicate and describe the deleting AIW waypoint error?

Hold off on ideas for now. First I want to get this next version out.

Track not showing up. Only happend twice (in over 88 tracks that I have done).Don't even know if its BTB fault.

Track in BTB
btbk.png

Not showing up (but still can drive on it)
ingameangle1.png

Same track from different angle (now it show up)
ingameangle2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years