BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

I can't even log in now on the bobs website, says my password is not valid.
Had to reset it. So i was hoping a new license could be waiting on us.... nah....

I don't get it Brendon
Don't even release things if you are not willing to support on a monthly basis like you promised at your website.
Or hand out a license that works for a longer period so you don't have this problem every month.

Just imagine what this software could be in the hands of people that are willing to update and support it.
I'm afraid support will get worse by the month, till the beta goes in to total hibernation.
As Brendon has totally no communication to it's customers what so ever, we are only left with speculations.

bobs.jpg

Dunno if it helps, but feels good.

I think the normal version should work properly.
It's just a bunch of people who started working on projects in the beta version who have this problem.
But i don't have the normal version installed at this moment.
One project at a time is more than enough for me.

Since Brendon is no longer here, my opinion is that the beta is more trouble that it's worth, so 0.8.0.3 is the only version worth considering.

In the unlikely event that you have Windows XP, you can almost certainly run it. In the more likely event that you have Vista or 7, it looks like a 50/50 chance.

The worst part of the uncertainty is that for a lot of people, the demo works fine, which encourages a purchase, but it's the generation & checking of the hardware ID that is unreliable.

I have read the last few posts and I now have a bad feeling about this, I hope Brendon is still around here some where! I downloaded the "New beta version 8.9" and got to the point where I got this message,
Beta Test Download
Thanks for uploading your HardwareId file.

Within 8 hours a license file will be generated and displayed on this webpage. It will NOT be emailed to you like the regular license; you need to check back here later.

Once the license is ready, save it into your BobsTrackBuilder folder and remove any older license files in the folder. BTB will now be licensed specifically to you and that particular PC.

This license will work for 1 month, hopefully enough time for any bugs to be fixed. If not a new license will be generated on this page.

But this was about 20 hours ago and still nothing! Anything I can do? Is there any support for BTB anymore? I thing Brendon has done an awesome job so far and I hope that he is just a little bit busy atm, BTB is such an awesome thing I am glad I paid for, I just hop it goes from strength to strength!

Hi all,

Quick question,

I read that tracks are not backward compatible with the previous BTB, so what about RBR? you have to replace some files within RBR, so can you use old and new BTB tracks in the new RBR?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years