BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Any current BTB Pro user wishing to help test the latest release, please follow this link.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Please give feedback into this thread rather than emailing/PMing me.

The licenses for this Beta release are now being generated daily.

The main new features are:
  • 3d window now renders the Add/Bump/Specular materials so what you see in BTB will be very close to what you get in game.
  • More advanced materials blending and editing.
  • Reload textures by pressing F5. This allows you to edit a background image in one application, save it, then load the changes into BTB without having to reload the entire project.
  • Global smoothing of track and terrain. This removes the sharp edges that form between the track and terrain, or between adjoining terrain areas.
Let me know how you go. ;)

RBR Installation

This install uses newer shaders so RBR needs to be updated. Copy the following files and folders from BTB into your Richard Burns Rally folder, and overwrite if prompted.
  • BTB\Support\RBR\Plugins
  • BTB\Support\RBR\RX_CONTENT
  • BTB\Support\RBR\d3dx9_35.dll
Bugs Fixed for release 0.8.9.1:
- Blend Background image not selected in combo box when re-opening the surfaces window. This causes other crashes if not reselected.
- Changing blend type in the surfaces/wall window not working.
- When blend type is background, confusing left/right/foward/backward options to be disabled.
- Wall blend rotate not working.
- Fix bug that allows you to delete the background image even when it is used in materials as a blend image.
- Fix when background image is moved, surface and walls that use them as a blend image are not immediately recalculated.
- Allow scale/offset when blend is Globally mapped.

To Do:
- Look At/Fix RBR specular export.
- Fix AIW path so with is limited to drivable track surface.

UPDATE: 28 April 2013

I am back working on this once again (finally) but I have numerous hurdles to overcome. Old PC died, so I now work on a laptop and need to reloading all development software. The good news, it's a Win 7 64 bit laptop so next version of BTB will HAVE to work on Win 7. The bad news, I have to install new versions of the development software and possibly make changes to the code - this will take time and I've no idea how much.

OK I got the beta working, I have a request that I am suprised no one has asked for.
When selecting an object and selecting rotate it would be nice if we could select the axes and type in a value. What is there now is OK but it would be a bit more accurate to just type in -20 or 20 degrees on a particular axes.

Or, to have the axes 'handle' scaled to object- by the time Im scrolled out far enough to see a large object well enough, the handle to swing it into position is too small to operate or doesn't operate finely enough....
Also some extra 'mixing channels' for the textures in Terrain would be nice too
In pro, with only A 'channel' each for 1 texture & the background image isn't always enough...
Being able to add a few more 'channels' with a click or 2 (like the same as mixing sounds in CoolEdit Pro) would be SO sweet!

and now ? is there anybody at racedepartment who knows or have some contact (hotmail e-mail or whatelse) with Brendon i would like to do a serious proposal for BTB. please let me know as fast as you can !!
Brendan Pywell lives in Aust (like myself)
I did a search for his name, came up with this. Hopefully you can contact him.
I would like to see BTB advanced also.

http://au.linkedin.com/pub/brendon-pywell/12/15b/763
https://twitter.com/#!/BTrackBuilder

His twitter site is sleeping!

Hey everbody, i know this post doesn't help the situation, but i was wondering if this program and website has any hope of returning?

It's a beautiful program and i was just about to purchase it on the day this all went down.

I downloaded 3ds and gave up in 4 minutes after realising the task ahead. Please come back Brendan Pywell and BTB!

Brendan Pywell lives in Aust (like myself)
I did a search for his name, came up with this. Hopefully you can contact him.
I would like to see BTB advanced also.

http://au.linkedin.com/pub/brendon-pywell/12/15b/763
https://twitter.com/#!/BTrackBuilder

His twitter site is sleeping!
thanks mate ! just saw the primary mail but i had already this one. i just had send a mail few days ago with no response and resended now with my intention to do an offer. hope to have a response.

Yes.. i'm patient.
The website states he still needs to do the help files.
Hopefully those are finished soon.
Man your keen, you are lucky to get a server reset, let alone help files.
I just hope someone takes over BTB development.
And Brendon, when you return, could you put a monthly reminder in your Outlook.
On another note, I have found the program has it's issues, but could could be released as is and take over the normal licencing setup. ie automatic. It' only the beta having these monthly issues. I just realised, it must be female, and it must be due to lay a baby BTB. It's been about 9 months.

Personally, I admire all your patience (mine would've expired in about 0.002 nanoseconds and I would've bought a ticket to Australia to punch the developer's lights right out in about another 0.002....)
Nah, just kidding. I wouldn't buy a license on such terms in the first place. If you paid for it, you should get a license for life, and that's it. Server-based registration systems - especially the 'renewable' (read PITA) kind simply don't work, BTB is just slowly growing a reputation as a particularly bad example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back