Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
bosslogo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BOSS
Class: Ford Mustang Boss Mod (Download)
Track: Edmonton Airport (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (15 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.10 (15 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Boss Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry & Livery Assignment:
  1. Jack Smith - #1
  2. Roland Warmenhoven - #2
  3. Ian Strom - #8
  4. Stuart Thomson - #9
  5. Ross McGregor - #14
  6. Tim Ling - #15
  7. Knut Omdal Tveito - #16
  8. Rickard Norgren - #18
  9. Senad Subasic - #27
  10. Hans Sneep - #28
  11. Neil Gault - #33
  12. David Cuthill - #37
  13. Jacob Boonstra - #40
  14. Ross Garland - #45
  15. Eck Simpson - #70
  16. Ondrej Kapal - #83
  17. Carlos Diaz - #99
  18. Driver - #100
  19. Driver - #102
  20. Driver - #302
  21. Driver - #1
  22. Driver - #2
  23. Driver - #8
  24. Driver - #9
  25. Driver - #14
  26. Driver - #15
  27. Driver - #16
  28. Driver - #18
  29. Driver - #27
  30. Driver - #28
Liveries will be assignedin numerical order as you sign up. 1st sign up gets #1, 2nd gets #2, 3rd gets #8 etc.
The assignment restarts after 20 drivers, so the 21st sign up will get #1, 22nd #2, 23rd #8 etc.

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I'm sorry, I thought discussion was allowed as long as it wasn't an argument. I'm not reporting anything because it was just a racing incident, nothing more. I am merely defending myself from a public accusation of blame which clearly isn't true. The screen/video was an attempt to avoid the back-and-forth argument that often occurs when there is no clear evidence either way.

If I am not allowed to defend myself in public then I ask that Neil's post is also removed.

I meant remove the video, not the post. A video pretty soon becomes accusation, and then escalates and I don't want that in a thread. You can refute it, certainly, I just don't want something that gets out of hand.

His post is responding to yours where you say he turned in on you, he's saying if there's a corner approaching he has to try and make it.

For me, you were in a position to better judge it, react and pull out if possible, but equally Neil should have allowed you racing room too if he even thought you were alongside, or wasn't sure.

:D Later I spun in front of lappers ( Kunt and company I believe)

I really hope thats a typo... lol.

What a pair of races, I'd more or less written off these races, before I'd even turned a lap. VIR I like, and couldn't make the pace of the fast guys. And because of that, Edmonton filled me with dread. I was in the same second as the fast guys this time, probably because of, my lack of expectation. Two tremendous races, whatever. Grats to Neil and Ross on their wins, and the podium finishers.

I must apologise to Carlos, for condemning him before knowing the facts. Even though you didn't hear me Carlos, the apology stands.

Thanks again, to Stu, RD and my fellow racers. We have to do this again sometime...

Well these races were testimony that racing the Bosses is ALWAYS good fun. Because I had great fun again, even here. I'll admit to hating the track after my first practice laps.. Later on did grow on me more, although it'll never make my alltime favs list.

After P1 could manage decent laptimes, even managed P5 in Q1. R1 start was very good, managed to avoid unfortunate Rossco's car,
...which allowed Roland to close a bit, made one mistake just after that when I tried to take the racing line I squeezed Roland into the wall a little, sorry but I had no idea you were so close..
NP, we were both fine there, later in that same lap I had Rickard push me around:D and Hans trying to board my car at the same point:p But I've seen worse, and most likely have done worse as well in the past..
So after lap 1 I was in 8th from 3rd, got back up to 6th, chasing Jacob and Stuart for a while, but especially after last week I felt avoiding contact at all cost was most important so finished 6th. And had some GREAT fun along the way!

Started R2 as 6th, got into 3rd after L1, and even into the lead for about 100m after the HUGE Carlos-David clash:eek: until Stuart took over. Was VERY lucky there as I missed first Davids and then Carlos' car by mere inches..

Followed Stuart around for quite a while until a small slide allowed Ross to get by.
Chased them, and then back to 2nd as Stuart had a small off. Gave everything I could an more trying to keep up with Ross, lapping quite a lot faster than I could consistently do before so that had to go wrong, and it did:confused: .. after a nice 180° under braking I had to let Bob, Knut, Jacob and Rickard by. Back to 6th until in L13 another spin into the grass let 3 more people by so eventually finished 9th.
But again, some GREAT fun.. so what's so bad about this track really??
TBH I'm not sure, apart from being unable to drive the same racing line for just 2 laps in a row, which probably has to do with the wide open nature of this track. As Stuart promised, it was certainly somthing completely different from last week..

Grats to Neil and Ross, the other podium boys, and thanks to Stuart, RD and everyone present.
..looking at the replay the car (and a couple of others) are totally invisible and not selectable! ..
Just in case you haven't tried this already, usually shutting down and restaring GTL takes care of the missing-cars-in-replays issue.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%