Bobs Buildoff

Ok, Kurt Lehmancame up with this idea:

acBKJPTD7H-.png

A BTB track building (non)competition. A track layout will be available for download to build the track to your liking. Only the layout is given, allowing the builder to determine orientation (North), where pit road is, elevations, length, era (buildings, signage, textures should coincide), type, i.e. modern F1 permanent road course (Spa), temporary street circuit, (Townsville), rallycross, ORR dirt, etc.

Builders will have 60 days to complete the track and have it uploaded, making it available for all builders. This will serve as a learning tool by allowing other builders to see all the creativity throughout the group.

All builders will share any XPacks or custom objects/textures, by including them within the .zip file. A list of resources used would be nice too. I.E., 3dSimEd, SketchUp, etc.

We are discussing that on Facebook, in the BTB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BobsTrackBuilder/

The event thread is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/382198501908432

If you're interested you need to do the following: Like Racedepartment FB page: https://www.facebook.com/racedepartment THIS IS MANDATORY!

Then navigate to BTB group and apply for membership. You will be accepted as soon as any admin sees your request (in 15minutes?).

Then join the Bobs Buildoff event, this does not mean mandatory participation, you can just join to see how things develop. We are giving all our source files at the end so you get multiple views and methods how to build with BTB. Not to mention lots of assets (objects, textures etc).

For any new BTBer, this islike a crash course, learn everything you need in a month.

Getting closer to finish.. Really happy about the water in the ditches, if performance allows i'd like to animate it too. The artificial horizon is a placemarker, it'll be separated from the skybox to get fog like the rest of the scenery. These are also experimental light values, i need first to set location to... Lapland.. Don't think we have midnight sun on tracks yet. ;)

Wet weather test:
Road water reflections aren't showing in the replay but they are working while driving.

AI test, dry weather:
Still some work to do, AI does not have any grip advantage so taking road shape into consideration, it's working pretty fine already.

Last edited:
Lighting test, wet weather, day.

37nEqdd.jpg

AtLNgOL.jpg
SFXrNRM.jpg
KQSy9Qq.jpg
P9Sn8Jl.jpg
4QKtpEW.jpg
idfTYpk.jpg

The new horizon works better. On that last pic you can see how skybox ends just before the "horizon" starts, need to put one more layer of few hundred meters further and raise it a bit to block that edge from showing (or alternativelymodify skybox shape) Those mountain peaks that look a bit odd, repatin and being darker than the horizon, that's actually skybox texture edges repeating, player should not see those.

Fog color is pretty great keeping the horizon trees green, it just needs a blue tint.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back