Basic setup guide for Race series

• Stuart Brewster

Thank you Keith, will be putting this to the test very soon :) Nice someone managed to condense a setup manual into a single page!

Thanks Keith, I have used similar guidelines.

My only query, with diff settings, I find opposite reactions depending on whether I am driving a FWD vs RWD car???

From my experience, this is how the diff settings affect the cars in ISI games.

FWD:

More power = more diff lock under throttle which gives a bit more understeer
More coast = more diff lock while braking which also gives a bit more understeer
More preload = more understeer while maintaining speed. Doesn't seem to affect things that much though unlike the other 2.

RWD:

More power = more diff lock under throttle which gives a bit more oversteer
More coast = more diff lock while braking which also gives a bit more understeer up to a point. If you lock up at the rear it will lock both with ease and you'll spin.
More preload = more oversteer while maintaining speed. Doesn't seem to affect things that much though unlike the other 2.

Also, nice guide Keith, should help some people out who aren't sure what to change :)

From my experience, this is how the diff settings affect the cars in ISI games.

FWD:

More power = more diff lock under throttle which gives a bit more understeer
More coast = more diff lock while braking which also gives a bit more understeer
More preload = more understeer while maintaining speed. Doesn't seem to affect things that much though unlike the other 2.

RWD:

More power = more diff lock under throttle which gives a bit more oversteer
More coast = more diff lock while braking which also gives a bit more understeer up to a point. If you lock up at the rear it will lock both with ease and you'll spin.
More preload = more oversteer while maintaining speed. Doesn't seem to affect things that much though unlike the other 2.

Also, nice guide Keith, should help some people out who aren't sure what to change :)

Cheers James, I will add this and differentiate FWD and RWD. I tested a bit with this and you are correct.

Lovely community we have here, people helping people :)

Keith

Many thanks!

Wonderful guide, I´ve been using it since last week and seen nice handling improvements. Short, simple and straight to the point. I´ve been using other set up guides and went almost crazy many times trying to setup the car properly following endless steps.

Thanks!

Cheers James, I will add this and differentiate FWD and RWD. I tested a bit with this and you are correct.

Lovely community we have here, people helping people :)

Keith

I'd also recommend getting the MOTEC Add software, It's really helped me with camber and tyre pressures after changes to things like wings and roll bars. My lap time have come tumbling. Although I do find that you'll nearly always end up with an asymetric set up specific to the track that you're running.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%