PC1 Banned for no reason!

Maybe if we al use a Cars avatar we can safe RD from being sued. Its a little bit of free Willy spirit over the sim community

Ian Bell said:
We've never banned anyone for no reason. Any ban (about 0.05% of members in total) is fully discussed internally with all SMS leads and mods and a decision is reached by consensus.

I'm not saying you're a liar, but the screenshot shows you doing the opposite of what you claimed.

Regardless of excuses, there's no reasonable context for insta-banhammering someone for liking a post. Or for making a complaint about the physics. So what if you thought he was negative in his approach? That's too bad! It's your job as a community funded developer to deal with hard criticism and convince people what you're doing is worth their money. That's your job, after all.

Frankly I think you're doing a shitty job and I've lost all respect for the project. At one point I was going to upgrade to Manager. Then I looked closer. Refund my money please. I want no more part in this.

If pcars isn't a sim then neither are the Simbin titles I have enjoyed so much over the years. in the end, that argument is largely subjective.

Only your opinion, but the opinion I hold is that these are sims....

Iracing
rf2
Simbin GTR-2011
GSC 2011/12
Netkar pro

All these games share a similar feel, with some games and some cars from each of the games being better than others, so for example, even though GSC's Camaro is probably the best tin top sim car{IMO}, the same model in RACEON isn't arcade, it just isn't as good as it lacks the detail of FFB and overall car behaviour, but even the ordinary SS Camaro from RACEON has a very good mix of FFB, steering precision and physics.

If we look at pcars, the 2 most striking problems for me are the center sprung feel and the weaker less detailed FFB, and under no circumstance will I ever rate a center sprung driving model as a sim, simply because you sacrifice so much feel and car behaviour.

As depicted beautifully by Adrian's diagrams, the best sims or even the typical sim has more of a 4 point contact feel, and this is demonstrated by many sim cars from the list above, with rf2's F2 probably being the best example, though it's form factor helps, but nevertheless, it's a great example, as is the GSC Camaro, GTR EVO C6R, RACEON US Muscle Camaro etc, etc.

This to me this is the challenge SMS face, can they remove or tweak that feel out of the PC spec, I certainly hope so, but I'll be buying this game regardless, but please, it's quite ridiculous to call it a sim when it has a such a digital underpinning.

I should also point out as I've done before, it doesn't matter to me which is the best sim car, only that it is a sim car, so I don't care one bit if someone thinks iracing's C6R is better than Simbin's, I only care that they have such a combo of steering precision, FFB and physics which translates into a high degree of realism and thus being worthy of the term simulation.

For those reading this thinking that pcars is absolute crap, well that's not true, it's certainly worth the buy in price of junior IMO, and it has heaps of potential as a game, but it remains to be seen if it even becomes a sim let alone pretending it's currently comparable to the established sims.

Maybe if we al use a Cars avatar we can safe RD from being sued. Its a little bit of free Willy spirit over the sim community

Nah, Les Shadoks work perfectly well for this topic. :p

tc500-cars-3.thumbnail.jpg

So, I'm sure there will be some theories that Ian has told me to shut up because of the legal proceedings and so on.

Not really. I told you to shut up threatening with legal actions here in this post. Do it one more time either here in public or via pm to our members and you'll be shown the door for breaching our ToS.

I don't know how many different ways I can say that I don't care if people think I'm bad 'publicity' for pCARS. Your opinion on that just does not matter to me.

I know it's fun.

We don't think you are bad publicity. ;) But like a post I read at No Grip, you think that the impending legal action might be a good thing for WMD/SMS/Pcars publicity wise. So was it discussed and planned for? Or is that just another conspiracy theory?

Fun indeed. :rolleyes:

Imho it would be enough to punch those people over at WMD who always talk about how nice the FFB and everything is with each built that comes out. Its a ****ing Beta (I never heard of pre-alpha)! What do people expect to be the final sim if all they say is "Yippy! We love Beta material. We love unfinished products"

MOD EDIT: comment over the line, even if it was an expression no need to raise the tone.

Imho it would be enough to punch those people over at WMD who always talk about how nice the FFB and everything is with each built that comes out. Its a ****ing Beta (I never heard of pre-alpha)! What do people expect to be the final sim if all they say is "Yippy! We love Beta material. We love unfinished products"

MOD EDIT: comment over the line, even if it was an expression no need to raise the tone.

So, you want to line them up one by one and first punch then and then shoot them or the other way around. Shoot and then punch ?

But really Walkman, If someone is enjoying the Pre Alpha / beta, why do you get upset by that?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. What the hell is wrong with you?

Update on the legal case

As Ian Bell has decided to "go the legal route" and obviously has send documents to his team of lawyers we will be locking this thread so all involved are not longer able to edit and modify their posts. That includes registered members, RaceDepartment Staff and representatives of Mr Bell.

We are extremely sorry that for now this thread will have to be locked to secure the evidence for a future lawsuit.

On behalf of all that cherish the freedom of speech on the internet you can continue this discussion in our forums http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/pcars-a-community-divided.55267/

Can't believe the nerve of these people
Ok I was critical of early builds and what was going on with Bell and the <snip, mod edit> forum police they had running around.
But as can be seen and read here and elsewhere, after the latest version I tried my opinion had been swung.

I did manage to register as a sort of silent member again years ago, but somehow they have found who who I am!, either from here or other forums.

Still didn't stop them banning me again!

You have to really wonder if they don't have better things to do with their time?

Makes you realise eh? Even a couple of posts in a forum and the WMD forum police are still running around searching for people to ban, even if they are saying nice things about their stupid little baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I was critical of early builds and what was going on with Bell and the Nazi forum police they had running around.
But as can be seen and read here and elsewhere, after the latest version I tried my opinion had been swung.

I did manage to register as a sort of silent member again years ago, but somehow they have found who who I am!, either from here or other forums.

You have to really wonder if they don't have better things to do with their time?

Makes you realise eh? Even a couple of posts in a forum and the WMD forum police are still running around searching for people to ban, even if they are saying nice things about their stupid little baby.

Well Robert I am sorry to hear that when trying to be on the right side of things you still get banned. Not my choice. I do respect the way the moderators keep things orderly @WMD so I am not gonna take up any sides in the matter. Hopefully the whole thing does not cause you to be begrudged in the long run and I wish you well.

Ok I was critical of early builds and what was going on with Bell and the Nazi forum police they had running around.

LOOOOOL, same happened to me. I registered 2011, November. I said one time "xxxxxx". Won race before. Happy!
Next day moderator asked why. Then I said, who is the dude that reported me like a baby. Next day, BAM, banned. :D
Got me 45€ back. Want to play it again, but atleast there is AC and rF2 atm. :)

[Mod edit not needed]

Oh the joys of the internet....act like a xxxxxxx, suffer the consequences then bitch and whine. Do you lot not realise that people who misbehave do usually suffer the consequences of their misbehaviour right?

[Mod edit not needed]

Oh the joys of the internet....act like a xxxxxxxx, suffer the consequences then bitch and whine. Do you lot not realise that people who misbehave do usually suffer the consequences of their misbehaviour right?

I don't give a xxxxxxx. Just one dude did take it into her/his heart and reported. :laugh:

[mod edit swearing- please do not swear]

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back