PC1 Banned for no reason!

Come again? I asked a simple question. You're touting those sales figures to prove a point, so I want to know where you got them?

So what do you know then that you can fill us in on the sales numbers of Shift 1 to 2? Know something we don't? Let's hear it.

I remember Shift 2 going in the bargain bins at $20 about 3 months after it released here where I live. That doesn't add up to the success they hoped for at all.

But please do enlighten us on our ignorant minds and petty talk..

What is your problem?
Nothing.. You seem to dismiss the demise in the sales of Shift 2 compared to Shift 1 when everyone was sold on the amazing eye candy and didn't know the crap they would be given with that fail of even an arcade racer.

What's your problem with understanding that Shift 2 didn't even sell a million units on all platforms. Go google it yourself genius and see for yourself. That's all I'm saying. You asked for the proof. Go look it up. You can do that can't ya?

This thread has gone so OT :unsure:
I thought this is how some WMD members prevent others from stating their opinion and not if PCARS is arcade or not. This is so uninteresting. Whats the meaning of talking about a game that is far from release?

Nothing.. You seem to dismiss the demise in the sales of Shift 2 compared to Shift 1 when everyone was sold on the amazing eye candy and didn't know the crap they would be given with that fail of even an arcade racer.

What's your problem with understanding that Shift 2 didn't even sell a million units on all platforms. Go google it yourself genius and see for yourself. That's all I'm saying. You asked for the proof. Go look it up. You can do that can't ya?

You sir are an unmitigated ass. Consider this my last conversation with you. I go out of my way to avoid inconsiderate people such as yourself in real life and that extends to forums as well.

VGChartz is known to be unreliable and the figures quoted above are complete fabrications. I happen to know for a fact that Shift sold between 8 and 9 million copies so those figures are off by more than 100%. The figures for Shift 2 were never released by EA and that's the reason I questioned the source... I knew full well that there were no accurate sales figures for Shift 2. As an excercize, try to find another source for Shift 2 sales. You people have been around long enough to know that just because something is published on the web doesn't mean it's accurate.

I don't have to tell you folks what a load of **** this thread has become. Neither side is blameless, but continuing this is counterproductive and embarrassing to all involved. I've never had an agenda here except to try and tell the truth, but with all the ****-slinging going on in here it's hard not to get caught up in it. So, I'm going to ignore this thread going forward. Nothing can really be accomplished here. I'd just like to leave a quote by one of the Assetto Corsa devs. It makes a lot of sense and I hope some of you can take it to heart.

If the community stops the religion wars of “my sim is better than yours” and embraces the small number of simulations that exist in the market, then the same market will grow and become healthier.

Those numbers should put Coffeys issues to rest. Drives me nuts a guy asking for proof when all you gotta do is google it.

These numbers are really bad for Shift 2.

I think they definately went with this investing in Pcars fiasco cause Bell was hurting financially. Need for speed 1 helped, but Bell didn't recieve the whole treasure chest of money working for a company like EA. No wonder after the horrendous sales of shift 2, EA said "MEH, I guess you guys couldn't even make a good arcade game with a 2 year development period. Bye". Sales like that are not gonna keep a developer employed by EA anymore for sure.

That's why I've stated in the past, SMS cannot afford to F up this time or their new name will become Slightly irrelevant Studios. Nobody will buy into their crap and promises.

You sir are an unmitigated ass. Consider this my last conversation with you. I go out of my way to avoid inconsiderate people such as yourself in real life and that extends to forums as well.

VGChartz is known to be unreliable and the figures quoted above are complete fabrications. I happen to know for a fact that Shift sold between 8 and 9 million copies so those figures are off by more than 100%. The figures for Shift 2 were never released by EA and that's the reason I questioned the source... I knew full well that there were no accurate sales figures for Shift 2. As an excercize, try to find another source for Shift 2 sales. You people have been around long enough to know that just because something is published on the web doesn't mean it's accurate.

I don't have to tell you folks what a load of **** this thread has become. Neither side is blameless, but continuing this is counterproductive and embarrassing to all involved. I've never had an agenda here except to try and tell the truth, but with all the ****-slinging going on in here it's hard not to get caught up in it. So, I'm going to ignore this thread going forward. Nothing can really be accomplished here. I'd just like to leave a quote by one of the Assetto Corsa devs. It makes a lot of sense and I hope some of you can take it to heart.

VGChartz is one of many genius..

You sir are a sensitive, argumentative, "Prove it to me", not wanting to accept fact, fanboy. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Good. Now don't waste my time posting to me. Get researching.

Just say the same thing I always say. People are up in arms about not being delivered the best "sim" and being lied to, despite fully knowing the game is still mid development.

Why this thread got reopened I don't know, and why it hasn't been closed I honestly don't know. All this is... is a turd throwing, toys out of the pram, trollfest of a thread. Why is it only on these forums do I see this kind of nonsense over this game? The above post by Farrel Hudjik (sorry to single out) is just ridiculous, I would expect better from my 14 year old nephew, how can you expect someone to take you seriously if you post like that?

Because people has right to disagree and a place to discuss, while respecting some rules.

It's reopened because I asked the moderator that closed it to do it, because there is not objective reason to close it.

PCARS is more than a simple sim, they promised a new business model and a community interaction that either in positive or negative is a legitimate object of discussion... it's part of the product.

I'm sick of censoring all around simracing sites regarding PCARS, seems like everybody owe them something or they are the over the rest.

I've seen 363692838399399 people just saying rFactor 2 is crap here and in "other websites" and surprisingly that is ok, while all referring PCARS its a drama, almost like if it was unethical in this precise case.

OMG IT'S SO UNFAIR IT'S WONDERFUL YOU JUST HATER I WILL VE RICH WITH MY 10$ INVESTMENT!

Then back to the rF2 thread to say how crap it will be.

I've seen 363692838399399 people just saying rFactor 2 is crap here and in "other websites" and surprisingly that is ok, while all referring PCARS its a drama, almost like if it was unethical in this precise case.

OMG IT'S SO UNFAIR IT'S WONDERFUL YOU JUST HATER I WILL VE RICH WITH MY 10$ INVESTMENT!

Then back to the rF2 thread to say how crap it will be.

Not really Xose, as far as RD goes anyway. The rfactor 2 thread has no where near the amount of views and posts, and there are hardly any posts that are anywhere near the crap that pcars gets. I get the sense around here that people hold back on rfactor 2 criticism because of ISI's history and they are willing to wait it out. Same goes for pcars and SMS history, nobody trusts them so they dont want to wait it out because SMS has cried wolf so many times. I know RF2 has gotten some crap on other sites, but no where near as much as pcars. I feel it's not even in the same league.

Edit: I imagine only a small percentage of WMD members think they will be rich off a 10 dollar investment. I feel you are generalizing the members now and thats never good.

I get the sense around here that people hold back on rfactor 2 criticism because of ISI's history

The thing about rf2 is that it already has epic sim cars, granted I think a handful suck hard, but ISI have already dealt their hand, and the output is some extremely good sim cars and possibly the most authentic weather/track system to date.

OTOH, SMS have a poor record of not only failing to produce a sim when promised, but also failing to make a good game.
The fact is, EA allowed a GT5 competitor to die because the money men couldn't comprehend something as simple as ensuring a driving game drove well....but to SMS's credit, pcars does drive well in simcade terms, so the real challenge will be making it a worthy game, ideally ensuring MP works well.

Edit: Self edited because my post could have been misinterpreted as inflammatory, and I don't want to contribute to the problem. There's enough bullshit in this thread as it is.

ISR reviews Ferrari Racing Legends by SMS:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back