F1 2011 Bahrain Track

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
2. No AI. If I copy AI files from F1 2010 game crashes.

It doesn't work unfortunately. AI is all over the place. I think it is possible to modify original AI files and make them work since it is binary xml and tools are available. Some research should be done.
UPDATE: If i just decompile and then compile working AI xml file result will be quite different in size from original, and game will crash. Either there are hidden sections in F1 2011 AI files wich binxml doesn't know or just bug in this tool.

It looks like i was just right about problems in binxml tool. I wrote my own and looks like it skips some parameters in XML tag.
This fragment of output file was done by binxml.exe:
<gate id="0">
<position format="float3" />
<normal format="float3" />
And i've got with my tool:
406 : 15 18 1 6 0 410 (position -181.32 3.31 -121.94)
407 : 19 20 1 7 0 410 (normal -0.890975 0.0 0.453684)
Yep, binxml.exe skips just what AI needs most: track position and vector.
So i assume xml file should look like this:
<gate id="0">
<position format="float3" value=" -181.32 3.31 -121.94" />
<normal format="float3" value="-0.890975 0.0 0.453684" />

Guys,

I've been discussing this with other staff members and we had to agree that using any files from F1 2010 for F1 2011 (no matter in which way you're using them nor if you're making any profits by using them) could be seen as copyright infringement. Now, I know that none of you actually intends to cause any trouble but RD.com could get into serious trouble since this whole topic is being discussed on our "premises".

As much as I like the idea of having Bahrain in F1 2011, we'll have to be careful about this. If one of you guys can get permission from Codemasters and forward the communication to me, we're fine with your efforts. Otherwise we might be forced to delete this thread in order to avoid legal trouble, as you might understand.

All the best,

Tom

Right, since there's no further feedback from your side, I'll lock this thread for now.

Please keep in mind, as soon as we've received confirmation of your authorization, I'll gladly open this thread once more (and can't wait for the result).

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back