Australian Adventure

• Deleted member 950

-18/11: Updated-

Alan W. Shinka - shinka - EUY
Xsara T4

(BTW: Should EastWest II have no bad conditions? Covered damp or else?)

I cannot replicate the stuttering myself, but I will change the weather for the final stage to be overcast again. This way thre was a short shower of rain, but it did stop rather than pick up the pace ;)

Overshot the first junction on ss1, and spun 3 times on ss4. Took it very careful on the second run on Greenhills. Did 2 good runs on Mineshaft, but I was maybe a bit too careful on the damp one. And then I finished off the rally with a CFH when I outbraked myself by 10 cm, and the car almost stopped before the ditch.

Had a very enjoyable morning, felt like most of the stagetimes were good, allthough they will be beaten severely when the big names are coming into the stages :p

Phew, that was an awesome rally! I tried the Aussie stages last night for the first time, so at least I had an idea of what to expect. The Subaru 2000 is pretty easy to drive, but really fun.

SS1 & SS2 were fine, no majors issues. I had my first moments in SS3 and overshot a few corners. SS4 was so great to drive, amazing stage & especially fun with the mix-mod. I went too hot into a hairpin after Spilt 1 and almost got around but dropped 2 wheels over the edge and rolled down. Spent about 30secs trying to drive back up but was going nowhere, so had to take a CFH. Spent the rest of the stage just throwing the car around having fun.

SS5 I slid into a tree near the end and had wonky steering which was very tricky to drive. No problems in SS6 & SS7. SS8 was great fun to drive again in reverse stage, a bit more slippery and I was probably pushing too hard so had 3 or 4 spins, but all in all a really fun night of racing!

Thanks Roy for setting everything up, thought I might be able to give you a good run if I hadn't had that CFH. Good luck to the other sessions :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.4%