Audi R8 4.2

@EAP3D

AO are best for interiors, so all you need is that texture which gets generated by your 3D app (in rendering section) & then you should blend it with your 2D programm with layers.
Don't use it for the outside(shader_body)...for dynamical objects like cars, for static track objects although I would recommend it.

Tried with 0.8.32

Here's some feedback :

- lights texture missing (the projected ones)
- your materials (shd file) needs definitely some love !
- debugging with show carbbox/carpoints you could provide a custom physical/collision dof
- the body aero could contain more wings to push really the car against the road
- more stuff like advanced debugging with fallback in racer.ini just to make a deep check !

Some other little issues...or updates would be great => pilot, blur wheels & all dofs a car can hold !

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work....:)
Question, have you even driven EAP3D's R8? because I don't believe he released it, you must be mixing up someone else's R8 with his.

Yeah man, it's not released at all and I am confused by all of those feedback points.

And it is good to use baked lighting for the car body if it has deep openings and/or modeled panel cut lines... because if you don't, those areas will reflect the world unrealistically since self-shadowing doesn't affect reflections. It maybe also be lighter than it would normally be.

Indeed, until we get better SSAO or HBAO (whatever happened to that anyway?...hmmm...) baked exteriors are the way to go too. If you're upside down then you shouldn't be for too long anyway haha

Yeah man, it's not released at all and I am confused by all of those feedback points.

And it is good to use baked lighting for the car body if it has deep openings and/or modeled panel cut lines... because if you don't, those areas will reflect the world unrealistically since self-shadowing doesn't affect reflections. It maybe also be lighter than it would normally be.

Sorry guys, it's another car I'm talking about....

Update:

I'm releasing this car as a WIP because I'm not sure if I'll feel like finishing it.
Here's the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?biii2vswx44rm6u

Here's a download for a "source" version too, which includes .max, .obj, and .blend files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zcnlb62qz98cv18

I think it's the most recent but I'm not 100% sure. If anyone wants to take up the task of finishing the interior, you are free to do it and re-upload the finished version.

Hoepfully it's enjoyed.
8N2RI.jpg

I download this car. When I started my Racer (0.8.6 version), I chose the car and I clicked on "Free Driving" portrayed it for me oneself such a view:

I don't know why at me this car this way looks.

P.s. EAP3D - you are planning making the version No-CG of this car? However many people are playing still older Racers without CG Shaders.

I download this car. When I started my Racer (0.8.6 version), I chose the car and I clicked on "Free Driving" portrayed it for me oneself such a view:

P.s. EAP3D - you are planning making the version No-CG of this car? However many people are playing still older Racers without CG Shaders.

Got same problem here on 0.8.34...

Got same problem here on 0.8.34...

Weird...
I'm on 8.32 but I can't imagine something would change so much that it happens like that.
I'm not planning on doing anything with it to be honest, that's why I uploaded "as-is"...
BUT since this is my "masterpiece", I will update and see if it happens for me. If it does I'll tell you the fixes or upload them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back