Assetto Corsa System Requirements

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Has Kunos already revealed some information about the system requirements for AC? I think my current PC setup is still good to go for most upcoming sims but I do worry about my video card performance seeing the graphics of this game :)

What shoud be the recommended minimum?

Didn't they reveal what system was used in that video filmed at the Nurburgring? I'm sure they did, i will see if i can find it. If i remember rightly the system was not what i would class as a high spec machine. In fact i'm convinced the system used was a not even a Quad Core system. At the same time it was an early build but also optimisation normally comes close to the end of production of a game. Although on release it's not the end of production going by what was said in the x-bow screens post on the front page by Aristotelis. AC looks like it will be much like iRacing and rF2 and will be an ever evolving sim. But still by initial release it should of been optimised to hell.

DX11 is also very efficient in terms of performance aswell

For those who have played iRacing and have a DX11 card i think we will see a performance boost when playing AC despite having superior graphics.

As Lee says DX11 is very efficient.
And i would guess AC knows how to exploit the full potential of the GPU, something iRacing seems to have missed the train on.

i can´t wait for some incredible graphics together with probably the best physics ever seen in a game.

Didn't they reveal what system was used in that video filmed at the Nurburgring? I'm sure they did, i will see if i can find it. If i remember rightly the system was not what i would class as a high spec machine. In fact i'm convinced the system used was a not even a Quad Core system. At the same time it was an early build but also optimisation normally comes close to the end of production of a game. Although on release it's not the end of production going by what was said in the x-bow screens post on the front page by Aristotelis. AC looks like it will be much like iRacing and rF2 and will be an ever evolving sim. But still by initial release it should of been optimised to hell.

DX11 is also very efficient in terms of performance aswell

That's my recollection as well. I did go looking for them again (think they were referenced on youtube one of their youtube uploads but I couldn't find it again. It was a pretty mid range amd-based system with 400-series nvidia card. That was only 1 car on track, but it was also 3 screens. I remember being surprised anyway.

Won't rd be asking this when they visit kunos in august?

The nurburgring PC (which is my PC here right now) has a very very VERY (did I say very?) limited CPU. A mere pentium G840 at 2.8ghz and 2gigabyte RAM. No i5 not even i3.
I had an nvidia 560 GTX which was doing fine at 1080 resolution, averaging 70-100fps depending on track and situation with everything ON, 4x antialias, 16x anisotropic and no optimizations whatsoever. Gfx engine was rendering at least 2 million polygons at any time on screen.

For Nurburgring the PC we found there, had a DX10.0 video card and we couldn't drive the over 5000 pixels of the 3 screens at more than 30fps. So we change it with my PC but still we where a bit low at 40-50fps. We went out and bought an ATI 7970 and then we were able to go over 70-80fps on 3 screens
This same PC right now, on my single 1080 res screen always everything ON gives me around 100fps, it's heavily limited by the CPU. Stefano's PC has an i7 and a good card and is doing usually close to 200fps.

IMHO, AC seems to do very well on any modern system. either low range, mid range or of course high range. It needs modern video card, lot's of video ram, 1 gigabyte or more, and that's it.
Framerate seems to precipitate on old video cards with dx10.0 or video cards with less than 1gig of video ram.
I'm always talking with everything ON, like the screenshots we post.

Yes as thought i remember the CPU being very low spec but i could not find the specs anywhere so i'm not sure where i did see them but i know i did. To be getting 200fps @ 1080p at this stage is very impressive engine wise considering the amount it is rendering on the screen and the quality of what it has to render. Sounds a very efficient engine graphically, it's great too hear. I think DX11 is most definitely the way forward today for engines. Alot of people think you have to have DX11 because it offers better graphics, but DX9 can do the majority of what DX11 can do. DX11 just is so much more efficient and utilizes todays hardware alot better.

Yes, exactly what you said Lee. I often hear Stefano (kunos) saying that "I keep throwing things at it (the gfx engine) and it doesn't lose a frame... "

We choose to go dx11 only for two main reasons. First we are creating the base for a sim engine that we will use at least for the next 2-3 years. And we want a good base to be able to update and support.
Secondly, being a small team, we can't really afford professional teams of thousands of PCs for beta testing and bug hunting. Running behind two different engines (dx9 and dx11) would delay quite a bit the development.

So Dx11 only was a very logical decision and we think it won't be limiting in terms of sales either. I mean... 2012 already, time to move on.

Well, frankly speaking I don't know well which is what..
Anyway my com is i5 3550, 8g ram and gts250 of 512mb, (what's dx10.1? is it food?) Iet me ask directly. :)

Can I run it? and if so, can I do with over 35 frame? or just have to buy any new?

And how about 50 online racers? :)
to early to tell, but the idea is to have the online clients limited exclusively by bandwidth and track grid/box places

Well, frankly speaking I don't know well which is what..
Anyway my com is i5 3550, 8g ram and gts250 of 512mb, (what's dx10.1? is it food?) Iet me ask directly. :)

Can I run it? and if so, can I do with over 35 frame? or just have to buy any new?
I think you card is a dx10 only and the 512mb certainly do not help. You might have some problems.
But the CPU is very fast... haven't tried it in such config but I think you'll be able to do more than 35fps but still on the low side.
I repeat though, I haven't tried it with such system, so wait for the demo and see

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 273 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 135 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.6%