News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

• Herman Hermansen

Silverstone announced :)
Following the announcement of the legendary circuits of Imola and Monza for Assetto Corsa, Kunos Simulazioni is pleased to announce that another important licensing agreement has been reached: Assetto Corsa welcomes one of the most iconic tracks in motorsport history: Silverstone Circuit. Some of the most notable pages of motorsport have been written on this circuit, its characteristic and challenging layout will amplify the driving experience of Assetto Corsa, and the glamour and history of this circuit will give players and racing enthusiasts huge immersion in the experience of Silverstone.

As with the other circuits included in Assetto Corsa, Silverstone will be reproduced using Laserscan technology. This will reproduce each curb, each bump, and detail the real world circuit in as close a way as possible. This will give players a realistic feel to the circuit, and allow them to discover every inch of the facility in outstanding detail.

The development team is also pleased to announce that there will be an historic reproduction of the 1960's era version of the track included, allowing for wistful nostalgia of the original airfield circuit. This reproduction will be made in partnership with Silverstone and will be based on the original layout using detail gathered from hundreds of pictures and video collected from that amazing era.

It is a real honour for Kunos Simulazioni to reproduce the circuit of Silverstone in Assetto Corsa. This new licensing agreement is a result of co-operation with Silverstone Ltd and also due to all the people who support software companies by purchasing original products. Their support and enthusiasm for the Assetto Corsa project has motivated the development team to make every effort in bringing the true splendour of this beautiful circuit to its racing simulationgame.

Silverstone Circuit will be included as official licensed content in Assetto Corsa, expected to be released within 2012. For more details on the circuit, please visit the Silverstone website: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/

405105_407846145908376_305504559475869_1546879_1038373568_n.jpg

Some interesting answers that i noted:

We today are not willing to make the simularcade to stay on the market, we prefer to build a solid and realistic focus on the official content, hoping that the public rewards our efforts. We are making a bet, fans will be to determine whether we are making the right choices or not.

You have already defined a definitive list? How many cars and tracks will feature the launch?
The overwhelmingly positive response of the fans that we check every day is taking us to dare more than we imagined, and apparently also has recorded much of our decision to invest in the licensing of all our race trim gains on netKar PRO and Ferrari Virtual Academy.We recorded a substantial increase of interest for these products and this is helping us a lot.

One can consider the final date graphics view?
Not yet: Depth of field, motion blur and ambient occlusion for example must still be completed, it is a lot of effects that add depth to the scene. The light balance is another key factor in overall performance, and static images is not always easy to assess at what time of day were 'taken', what hue and saturation. Also there are very nice cars that we have not yet shown, will also benefit the overall performance of their beauty. I would say that we are at a 65-70% of what will be the final result. Paradoxically Suspension Racing seems to perform better in motion than in stills.

Pricing: it's already leaked that there will be no subscriptions or annual costs to be incurred, you can confirm? Have you something concerning DLC ​​later?
Then trim Corsa will be sold at a cost aligned to the genus to which it belongs, the final price will depend on the number of official content included in the final version.
But there will be no subscription fees or renewal.
For DLC soon become unbalanced, however, we expect to release some after the first release, we have not yet decided which strategy and pricing policy implemented, much will depend on audience response.

About modding..
modders will have the same tools that we use ourselves, so in terms of physical modeling, graphics rendering and lighting materials, will express the best of what our engine allow

Telemtery..
The data in AC cars will be exported in real time so the system will be compatible with all devices and systems on the market, you can create external plugin telemetry and much more.

Multipayer..
Definitely one of the aspects criticized by fans is the collision system online. In race trim Physix collisions are handled by the nVidia (and I state: you will not need to have a nVidia graphics card) with much better results. Another aspect is that the statistics and everything that constructs the multiplayer experience as a whole. Over the years we have gathered the requests that were made and we will do our best to satisfy you.

Have you already fixed the maximum number of participants in a multiplayer race?
Not yet, but the current limit of 15 clients netKar PRO will be exceeded.

In the end says:With Marco, we discussed other aspects, seeking information on the damage system, weather conditions, game modes and more..
Mauro answered as i understood that they are thinking all of these feautures but they will announce them IF and WHEN are working.

PS: all are from google translate,sry

Good info that although i did find myself reading it in an Italian accent :D
I have to say that I am looking forward to this sim more than I am looking forward to rfactor 2 being finalised. And believe me I was a huge rfactor fanboy for over 5 years!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back