News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

The idea is to have the sun move in real time. It shouldn't be a problem as you can already move it with keys up and down and all shadows move accordingly in real time and everything. Night racing is not included in v1.0 for sure, sorry.

It is polite to ask about the M3 GT2, but I can't talk about not officially announced licenses :)

Nico Van Elk When it's ready? :)

That's excellent, dynamic time of day should keep the majority of us happy for a long time. Cheers for the answer. One more for luck; will the car and track editor be available at launch?

One here too.

In racing games typically(futhermore in all the games) if they have the same basic game engine they are supposed to pretty share its fundamental characters especially in car maneuver like what we know. But now that AC is a whole new, then does the AC have nothing of characteristic car behavior the nkp shows? (not that I'm missing nkp, just curious.)

Thavron Yes :)

BanjoMaster Probably no for a good reason that I hope people will understand. The editor uses the same gfx engine as e actual game and since this is still and will be under development until AC V1.0 release, we don't want modders to start working on something and then force them to re do everything because we change something before actual release. We might publish more details though. We will see it's still in the air for a decision.

nijeat well AC is written from scratch but obviously the core engine is made by the Stefano that has done nKP. The clarity of force feedback is similar only better. The way the cars move from the inside and outside is better and then there's me inserting data and collaborating with Stefano on what the physics engine should do. There's a constant sensation of grip and attachment on the road, and smoothness when you slide. Difficult to explain :)

One more for luck; will the car and track editor be available at launch?
Thavron Yes :)

Ok follow up, which track/car is it :p?

PS.: Just trying my luck ;)

There's a constant sensation of grip and attachment on the road, and smoothness when you slide. Difficult to explain :)

I tried it at GamesCon and this is exactly what I loved, it is hard to explain... :D

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here, much appriciated!

Understand that for sure. :)

And trivial one more.

What's your daily breakfast lunch and supper there?
I've always been curious about that what food public in Europe have eaten for daily meal. except bread.

BanjoMaster Probably no for a good reason that I hope people will understand. The editor uses the same gfx engine as e actual game and since this is still and will be under development until AC V1.0 release, we don't want modders to start working on something and then force them to re do everything because we change something before actual release. We might publish more details though. We will see it's still in the air for a decision.

Aris, thanks for that. I had meant that 'launch version' = V1.0 i.e. full first retail release, so I think your answer to my question may be yes :D

Once again - and I know I sound like a broken record - I'm hugely impressed by the level of interaction with the people here. Good work :thumbsup:

Nope :D

Seriously, can't tell. As you might all imagine we can't really give you the best car/track combination in a demo, for example we can't give you a zondaR so to say, it's business after all.

BUT... we love simracing so I can assure you it's not the worst combination either, far from it... actually it's one of my favourites and I think you'll like it too.

I see you're answering some questions here since yesterday aristotelis.. I wanna try my luck too :redface: can u tell us how far away we are from the demo? is it at the end of this month?

I see you're answering some questions here since yesterday aristotelis.. I wanna try my luck too :redface: can u tell us how far away we are from the demo? is it at the end of this month?

I can't really tell you because we tend to not give specific timelines as it is always risky in this business. I can tell you that we know we're a bit late, but there was a VERY VERY good reason for that. I really really can't say more about it because we're under big NDA contract, but we will announce something VERY big, in the next month(s).

Sorry again for the delay of the tech demo, but it shouldn't be that far away i hope.

I can't really tell you because we tend to not give specific timelines as it is always risky in this business. I can tell you that we know we're a bit late, but there was a VERY VERY good reason for that. I really really can't say more about it because we're under big NDA contract, but we will announce something VERY big, in the next month(s).

Sorry again for the delay of the tech demo, but it shouldn't be that far away i hope.

Let the psychotic speculation begin! :D

In fact, that sounds like fun. I'll wade in: *edit: no I won't, that would be stoopid ;) *

thank you for the answer :D

but we will announce something VERY big, in the next month(s)

something-big.jpg

This big?

Aristotelis's post certainly is ripe for speculation. Usually an NDA refers to an agreement where the other party is limiting your sharing information until a certain time or criteria is met. I suppose it may just apply to KS itself not wanting to share yet but that isn't how it sounds.

So, what organization would want an NDA from KS? A racing series? A manufacturer that already has a product out but wants to wait for a specific date to reveal a new partnership? A publishing company that is now going to support/hire KS and AC?

Another relatively innocuous Q for Aris:

As immensely impressive as the graphics are, all the cars have been pretty much showroom condition, and racing's a pretty mucky business. Are there any plans to incorporate weathering of the cars over longer races? Check out the two links below to show the kind of results I'm talking about:

Before: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjr_portfolio/2687242614/

After: http://www.flickr.com/photos/exfordy/2665331539/

Probably not something that will be included in v1.0 I understand, but would be sooooo cool if it was incorporated at some point. Track debris and visual rubber/marbles would be a nice touch too. It all adds to the immersion ;)

I agree, but not something that we will be able to do in v1.0 for sure.
Besides, it's not so easy to convince car makers licensors that their cars will be...dirty ;)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back