News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

977775_649941428365512_546834521_o.jpg

966381_649949941697994_1174075282_o.jpg
Why are there a bunch of buttons and switchy things where the CD player and Satnav should be?

248324_4949890119021_1291158553_n.jpg

from marco's facebook account :)

by the way: is there any difference between the gte version and the gt2 version of the 458?? i only find differences between gt3 and gt2 ;)

Marco Massarutto Believe me, I understand what you mean and we know that if you guys are so impatient to try it, this suggests that we are trying to deliver something good.
I'm pretty sure you also understand that it's our primary interest to offer to you guys what you ask for, of course is not our intention to make our potential customers bored or annoyed, so if we haven't been able yet to deliver AC, necessarily we must have more than one good reason.The development and the commercial strategies behind a product like this are much more complicated not only than fans might imagine or understand, but also more than we expected too. Managing a product like this is a real challenge from a technical and commercial side. This happen when you try to do something special, even if nothing can assure you will be able to reach your aim. We can only do our best. I can also say that today, Assetto Corsa might be considered a totally different product in comparison with the one we imagined and designed at the beginning. This is the good: the bad is that it requires more time than how was scheduled. Of course we are not happy about it, just like you . But since when is a delay a news, in the videogaming industry? Anyway, when the release announcement will come, all of you will understand what I mean. Said that, I can only thank you for your patience and support.

Marco MassaruttoBelieve me, I understand what you mean and we know that if you guys are so impatient to try it, this suggests that we are trying to deliver something good.
I'm pretty sure you also understand that it's our primary interest to offer to you guys what you ask for, of course is not our intention to make our potential customers bored or annoyed, so if we haven't been able yet to deliver AC, necessarily we must have more than one good reason.The development and the commercial strategies behind a product like this are much more complicated not only than fans might imagine or understand, but also more than we expected too. Managing a product like this is a real challenge from a technical and commercial side. This happen when you try to do something special, even if nothing can assure you will be able to reach your aim. We can only do our best. I can also say that today, Assetto Corsa might be considered a totally different product in comparison with the one we imagined and designed at the beginning. This is the good: the bad is that it requires more time than how was scheduled. Of course we are not happy about it, just like you . But since when is a delay a news, in the videogaming industry? Anyway, when the release announcement will come, all of you will understand what I mean. Said that, I can only thank you for your patience and support.

That says next year then to me, if it was a short delay to Summer 2013 or even Autumn he'd simply say "it's coming soon" but from what hes written there it's a long way off yet. Good of course as they will make it better than perhaps it was gonna be, bad that we have to wait but thats life....plenty other games in the meantime :)

That says next year then to me, if it was a short delay to Summer 2013 or even Autumn he'd simply say "it's coming soon" but from what hes written there it's a long way off yet. Good of course as they will make it better than perhaps it was gonna be, bad that we have to wait but thats life....plenty other games in the meantime :)

That is one interpretation... but I don't read the same thing into it. I think he is trying to say that we'll see the reasons for the delay when they announce because they will also announce features, cars etc.

there are always two sides of the medal. of course a delay may imply a better product in the end. but a delay also highers the expectations in the final product meaning a higher chance to fail! i hope kunos also consider this..

My primary worry is the more content it ships with the less likely modding is, which then makes it more likely we will see DLC packs of cars and tracks which will be costly.
I so hope your wrong, the only reason I want this game is for it's modding capabilities, if that's taken away.... I'm outta here.

What are the speed differences between GTE and GT3?

GTEs drive in the WEC/ALMS, whereas GT3 drive in the Blancpain Endurance Series (just examples, there a a lot more series).
I would say, that the main difference between the two is the aero. GTEs are much wider and have more downforce, what should make them faster in corners especially.
On the other hand, BMW used alot of their z4 GT3 parts like engine, suspension and brakes on the GTE version of the car, and then went on improving said parts.
So in general, I think you can say that the GTEs make use of better materials/technologies, whereas the aim of the GT3s is to provide a raceready package (prices for GT3s start around 300k). This is why there are so many amateur Teams in GT3, while most competitive GTE Teams are Factory-related.
That being said, some Series (eg. VLN that run the N24h) allow for GT2 cars to be balanced to GT3 spec, for example via intake air restrictors (as seen on the BMW M3 VLN version)

Thanks for the detail Domink!

It sounds like with just a slight bit of "balancing", AC could make the GTE fit with the other GT3 cars in game. Perhaps even an un-modified GTE version and a slightly balanced one for MP (or even single player) racing?

Thanks for the detail Domink!

It sounds like with just a slight bit of "balancing", AC could make the GTE fit with the other GT3 cars in game. Perhaps even an un-modified GTE version and a slightly balanced one for MP (or even single player) racing?

Forget what I've said about this car being the GTE though. As it turns out the GT3 version of the 458 looks very similar to the GTE since 2013.
Pre 2013 GT3: http://blog.mwdesigntechnik.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/dsc01507ty.jpg
2013 GT3: http://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/...s-2013-Ferrari-458-GT3-Spotted-Testing-02.jpg

Im confused, is this GTE or GT3 now?

EDIT: ok I'm sure its the GTE now :redface:
4664-4.jpg

EDIT2: To answer your question traind: Yeah I'm sure thats possible. As far as i know there is no Reallife 458GTE balanced to gt3 spec so kunos most likely wont do it, but modders could. You could either balance the cars physics like you would do in realife or simply give the z4 gt3's settings to the 458. IMO that would be the best for online races anyway, as everyone would share the same set of physics.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back