News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Assuming its not just a joke , Its quite childish and misinformed for them to no vote AC , I can see why from a misinformed position that people would do it though. Some i racers could see it as a threat given the quality of the Technical preview.

People have pumped allot of money into i racing and if Ac became very popular and undercut i racing significantly then those users will feel that there "investment" was a waste and they are probably worried that user numbers might drop especially in the less attended series.

There is also the aspect of tribalism and fan-boyism which seems to increase the more people are financially or time invested in a given product.

What I think the people voting No don't realise is that the majority of sales AC will make on steam will be from a different market to that of i-racing.

People already into simracing will buy AC regardless of if its on steam and will probably own or have previously played i-racing as well.

Also ironically if AC became popular on steam its likely that i racing would see more users as a % of new AC users would likely subscribe to i racing having been made aware of it from playing AC and bieng atracted to aspects of i-racings SR system and competative racing.

Last of all I think its unlikely i racing would get accepted on steam. Not because its bad but just because its not really matched to the platform as it does not have single player and its payment / content model is more suited to a dedicated separate platform.

In the past for a game to be accepted on steam valve has had to be able to distribute all the files I don't think Valve would be happy to just act as an advertising platform.

The more casual users would also be totally dumbfounded by something like i racing, where as you can see them inherently understanding a game like AC which lines up with the average consumers expectations of what a contemporary game is , in terms of what content you get when you buy into it.

Just click yes for both games to be green lit the more high quality driving games that are in peoples faces the less the genre can be ignored and the more friends I can convince to buy FFB wheels and show them what they are missing.

A new car announced? I could enjoy a RUF RGT-8 as original content but somebody needs to reform it back into a 991. I mean, a V8 under a bodykit almost identical to a Porsche? Please... (don't force me to reactivate my modding skills lol).

No really I don't fool around. Kunos a RGT-8 would be nice! Edit: even better: Rt35.

But please, not another manufacturer that uses crates as a basis of car design. BMW is enough, no need for Audi.

:p

Whats about Dallara? Its italian, there is a Dallara car in another sim (iracing)....so, the only thing is...Indycar on European tracks? Unusual.

But Dallara makes other good formula cars as well. And we know, that AC will have some formula cars. ;)

If true this is very nice :)

1212121.jpg

i can't believe how much better is the ffb in the DFGT wheel than the G25, i have both in 2 similar systems, and every time i try in the DFGT i do almost the same times, with it's ugly plastic pedals and i really thought that with the G25 it would be and advantage in times and feedback, but honestly.. it's more about the racing immersion with the H shifter and much better pedals (using nixim brake mod v2) i have both wheels with the same settings in the profiler, 104% - 0/0/0 900, sometimes i try a bit more or less % in the overall strenght but that it..

for the f1 car thing... well it's nice to have an nearly up to date (like only 1 year old or so) f1 ofcourse.. but I personally have much more interest in an F1 of 2004... or something around there... actual f1 is nice (except drs and tires that aren't made for f1 forces) but for me it isn't as much f1 as it was back then... well that is said about many f1 eras but don't know every f1 era had is specials.. for example the 80s with its turbos of doom :D .. the 90s wchich was somehting between old and modern but still with that a bit dirty racing look (oily things, rubber and so on... also the point system and practice quali warmup race system and so had this kind of race flavor... where the modern f1 seems to be so clean and dustfree like)... then the I would call it 2004 peak era (from 2000 till 2006 or so something around that but I think with the peak about 2004).. with the advanced aero and the amazing power of the v10s ...

all eras so far had something special... only the todays one since don't realy know 2008 or so? just doesn't have the peak of motorsport magic... it got more and more made for the ordinary viewers.. if something was making overtaking hard it was banned or changed and so on.. and to force more overtaking give them tires that won't last a lap and implement things like drs... it's going to get more and more a show for the ordinary tv viewers then a motorsport... I still watch it but it doesn't attract me like it did all the years before...

however that is my opinion...

Well, I'm not sure if I understood correctly - there will be FULL licence for F1 cars from one concrete season??? In other words - AC will have all F1-cars from one of F1 past seasons?

Can't believe it - it would be HUGE for Kunos.

Lotus vs Ferrari F1s (as those are two of the main licenses) would be cool :geek: but on the other hand I'm not sure the average Joe would be able to tell the differences between the two by driving them. And it would take a slot amongst the remaining Ferraris not announced yet :confused:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%