Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
For real? No new content? With a chance of getting burned with dislikes i am getting a bit bored. Maybe just need to step away to rf2 or some other game for a bit. When i try to get onto mp, there are barely 20 people within the whole server list. Some new content would have brought life back to ac for me. This is just my thoughts so take it easy guys. lol

What do you mean ?
pJByzZb.jpg

I think Kunos priorities should be having multiplayer ironed out perfectly before bringing in any new cars/tracks.

Once MP and single player are working smoothly, only then will I realistically expect any sort of new car/track.
There are so many quality car/track combinations in this game, I have no idea how you can be bored already!

Updates seem to be coming in continuously now, I wonder are the major fortnightly updates done with? I think once multiplayer is running smoothly we could see final release coming soon.

only iRacing has solid open servers with good grids due to their triple count (iRating, safety rating, season points) which keep anyone remotely interested in how one stacks up against the other players on board,, all other sims have had the empty server problem (or the: only- rammers-online-problem, which is worse), join a league or a club and you'll get all the gaming you can handle.

I understand them having to iron out MP before releasing new content but to be honest I've been enjoying the user created tracks far more than the official tracks. If we could get all those amazing car mods in the game that would be even better (I know, not going to happen until mod tools are released). So I'm definitely hoping for new content soon.

• Deleted member 151827

You guys have to understand, not all of the AC community are as understanding as us. I think a lot of people are more taken by content than mp. Hope that makes sense? I just put the idea out there that if content is done and ready for the game, why not throw a car out there in Fridays update? It would keep a lot of people more happy.? I am now taking part in the RD club races so i feel better about the fixes so i can wait for content.

Well, there is not so much content left really. Mercs, LaFerrari & Spa were supposed to be released after the launch (before the DLC). So that may not be fully finished yet, the cars are perhaps not super evenly balanced yet (see the balance between MP4 & Z4). So basically it's just the 458 GT2 (hopefully also a GT3 spec) and the remaining Lotus F1 car. Maybe some other Lotus street cars hardly anybody cares about are missing too....I dunno :roflmao:

But the point is, it makes no sense to want the remaining stuff now because then in 2 weeks people will want more content again but there is nothing left then. :geek:

By the way and that's for everybody who's feeling bored already :rolleyes:

Over the months there have been updates (new Step versions) to several of the early cars and just like me you may have overlooked those.

Example: The Lotus Exige 240 S3
  • 900kg
  • 270 bhp
  • semi slicks only
It's a proper track car without the gooy feel of the other Lotuses.
Admittedly, it's not the fastest but it could be well placed for a Club Race @Bram Hengeveld :thumbsup:

For what it's worth and for comparison, R3E/DTM and GSCE multiplayer has been very solid/smooth - no warping (limited testing), almost as though I am in single player against AI (but much better AI!). My short time with AC multiplayer has not been as smooth with quite a bit of warping even on servers with lower latency. I'm not complaining, and I am sure they are busy working on perfecting.

Well, there is not so much content left really. Mercs, LaFerrari & Spa were supposed to be released after the launch (before the DLC). So that may not be fully finished yet, the cars are perhaps not super evenly balanced yet (see the balance between MP4 & Z4). So basically it's just the 458 GT2 (hopefully also a GT3 spec) and the remaining Lotus F1 car. Maybe some other Lotus street cars hardly anybody cares about are missing too....I dunno :roflmao:

But the point is, it makes no sense to want the remaining stuff now because then in 2 weeks people will want more content again but there is nothing left then. :geek:
you forgot the Lotus 2-11 GT4 ;)

For what it's worth and for comparison, R3E/DTM and GSCE multiplayer has been very solid/smooth - no warping (limited testing), almost as though I am in single player against AI (but much better AI!). My short time with AC multiplayer has not been as smooth with quite a bit of warping even on servers with lower latency. I'm not complaining, and I am sure they are busy working on perfecting.
I agree, I'm only racing in DTM MP (alpha) for now as it is very smooth even with 15+ cars. I went back on to AC last night and even with just 10 cars the car in front was still jittery with a ping showing of 40.
I look forward to AC improving over the coming days/weeks :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back