are the camaro's breaks really this bad??

hard to be more specific. its just easily the worst of any car ive tried in a sim yet. i dont get any feedback sadly but it feels as if its rolling to a stop. considering its speed it seems basically unsafe if its like it is in game.

If you set the brake pressure to 100%, you can just about lock the tires in a straight line and very easily lock the inside under braking/entry.

A huge, heavy, front engined car on "regular" street tires will struggle to pull more than 1 or 1.1G under braking, but that still is more than most 'shopping' cars can do. Compared to the other cars in the sim, which are lighter, have less weight transfer and better tires, the Camaro doesn't seem to brake, but its actually pretty good for its size and weight.

At some point brakes can overheat a bit and cause some fade but the effect isn't huge.

Its the Titanic of the sim though, so you can't expect it to perform miracles when you push the middle pedal. :)

thx for the reply niels. just want to say i don't even consider myself a simracer but game stock car is one of the most underrated games around, love what you guys are doing, really amazing.

but add rumble feedback for gamepads! and update that engine next go :)

If you set the brake pressure to 100%, you can just about lock the tires in a straight line and very easily lock the inside under braking/entry.

A huge, heavy, front engined car on "regular" street tires will struggle to pull more than 1 or 1.1G under braking, but that still is more than most 'shopping' cars can do. Compared to the other cars in the sim, which are lighter, have less weight transfer and better tires, the Camaro doesn't seem to brake, but its actually pretty good for its size and weight.

At some point brakes can overheat a bit and cause some fade but the effect isn't huge.

Its the Titanic of the sim though, so you can't expect it to perform miracles when you push the middle pedal. :)

Niels, I love GSC but I think the brakes and handling for the Camaro are grossly inadequate. I think its a typical American car stereotype that they stop and turn terrible and only good for going in a straight line and I just can't agree with that, but that's just my .02.

I haven't had any issues with the brakes either, I've driven a stock camaro and a dodge challenger rt in real life and I can vouch that they are big heavy land boats that handle like crap feels like a sponge, and the brakes on them are less than impressive, but that's just feedback from an audi s4 driver who has to peel his face off the window with the slightest tap of the brakes lol

Not sure if the gsc camaro is the z model or base? I would assume Chevy would use big brakes and better rubber on the higher models

I haven't had any issues with the brakes either, I've driven a stock camaro and a dodge challenger rt in real life and I can vouch that they are big heavy land boats that handle like crap feels like a sponge, and the brakes on them are less than impressive, but that's just feedback from an audi s4 driver who has to peel his face off the window with the slightest tap of the brakes lol

Not sure if the gsc camaro is the z model or base? I would assume Chevy would use big brakes and better rubber on the higher models

I have owned a Dodge Charger SRT8 and many Camaro SS's and Z28's, its not nearly as bad as this game makes it out to be, but as you stated if they're using a V6 model to model the brakes and tires then that would be a problem. The Challenger SRT8, Charger SRT8 and Camaro SS all use Brembo brakes in real life and stop pretty well. I can accept that they don't handle as well as a purpose built track car but the brakes are certainly up to snuff.

Heya again,

I'm afraid you're right :)

I had a look. We must've changed the brake temperature curve as we were updating the race brakes.. They are too temperature sensitive, mainly in low temp lack of bite. Street pads/discs work pretty well cold of course, and the rears take a while to heat up so they don't do as much as they should. By the time they get working, the fronts might be close to fading.

The *tires* are capable of 155ft stopping distance from 70mph. Car and Driver measured 162 foot on the 2010 Camaro SS so the tires and a good ABS system would probably be pretty ok. This is just a notch over 1G average brake G force.

Its pretty likely we'll improve the brake temperature and ABS system so that with ABS and nice 230kpa warm tires and cool/warm brakes you do about 160ft on a flat road. Right now it initially struggles to go over 0.85G cold which isn't right.

Thanks for umm complaining :)

Heya again,

I'm afraid you're right :)

I had a look. We must've changed the brake temperature curve as we were updating the race brakes.. They are too temperature sensitive, mainly in low temp lack of bite. Street pads/discs work pretty well cold of course, and the rears take a while to heat up so they don't do as much as they should. By the time they get working, the fronts might be close to fading.

The *tires* are capable of 155ft stopping distance from 70mph. Car and Driver measured 162 foot on the 2010 Camaro SS so the tires and a good ABS system would probably be pretty ok. This is just a notch over 1G average brake G force.

Its pretty likely we'll improve the brake temperature and ABS system so that with ABS and nice 230kpa warm tires and cool/warm brakes you do about 160ft on a flat road. Right now it initially struggles to go over 0.85G cold which isn't right.

Thanks for umm complaining :)

Outstanding, Niels. I appreciate the honest feedback.

Sorry, the newer Camaro's/Mustangs as not boats. I drive a 1 series BMW myself but have driven old (60's) and newer (2010-2013) Camaro's and Mustangs.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 509 39.1%