Am i crazy?

Just wanted to start doing some iRacing offline.
Got a subscription for a couple of months + plus i bought the Dallara but didnt renew it some weeks ago. Now its says i cant get to the member website and cant even race offline with cars that i bought. Please tell me that i miss something or its the biggest scam i ever came across.

I have here an offline version and in graphics and physics, Iracing is just great. The way you feel in those tracks are fantastic, best I ever seen.

Even considerer joining a few times, but there’s no way for me to start a carreer in that solstice bull**** and still pay for it, if we start with the Star Mazda or even the Skip, I would be there.

I have here an offline version and in graphics and physics, Iracing is just great. The way you feel in those tracks are fantastic, best I ever seen.

Even considerer joining a few times, but there’s no way for me to start a carreer in that solstice bull**** and still pay for it, if we start with the Star Mazda or even the Skip, I would be there.
Offline version? Is that hacked?

If you join shortly or during week 13, you a very quickly where you want to be. I did only one or two races with the Soltice. No ambition to win, just stay on track to increase your rating.

I liked the SRF, but with all aids off, this is now a challenge, but even here, just aids on, race to gain SR.

There’s an old cracked version of iRacing, I gave it a go after my free trial, and then signed up for 3 months. The fact you need a subscription to practice has stopped me from buying any content (I’ve only got the Radical & Silverstone that came with the trial).

Also having to race a load of crap before what you actually want’s nonsense, and the auto-renewal is just how companies profit from free trials, but it shouldn’t really be applicable when people are actually paying for a subscription (regardless of the payment method).

It’s also worth remembering that an F1 team has described iRacing as little more than hype. The cars don’t feel as good as some other sims, the tracks aren’t modelled using unique technology, so it’s hard to see why there’s such a premium price tag for what's a very ordinary service.

pirate.jpg

Mod-edit: pirates are not allowed to have an opinion

Also having to race a load of crap before what you actually want’s nonsense, and the auto-renewal is just how companies profit from free trials, but it shouldn’t really be applicable when people are actually paying for a subscription (regardless of the payment method).

It’s also worth remembering that an F1 team has described iRacing as little more than hype. The cars don’t feel as good as some other sims, the tracks aren’t modelled using unique technology, so it’s hard to see why there’s such a premium price tag for what's a very ordinary service.

I have found websites that offer hosted racing leagues in just about every class of vehicle. Your SR matters none in hosted events. The quality of racing is much better this way in my opinion, also. Because of this I quit worrying about advancing my license and race whatever I choose whatever these hosted leagues offer.

I also think the quality of the sim physics and cars are top notch and I enjoy the heck out of most all of them. I'm not concerned what some anonymous F1 team may have said.
All in all, I am happy to pay for a subscription that, I believe, is a premium service.

I have found websites that offer hosted racing leagues in just about every class of vehicle. Your SR matters none in hosted events. The quality of racing is much better this way in my opinion, also. Because of this I quit worrying about advancing my license and race whatever I choose whatever these hosted leagues offer.

I also think the quality of the sim physics and cars are top notch and I enjoy the heck out of most all of them. I'm not concerned what some anonymous F1 team may have said.
All in all, I am happy to pay for a subscription that, I believe, is a premium service.
They didn’t have hosted racing when I was last in, although you would still need the correct SR for official leagues wouldn’t you? It wasn’t really anonymous, just not named, and as it was revealed to be a top team you can work the rest out.

I know iRacing fans who say the cars/physics don’t feel as good as nKPro, but my main gripe’s that they’re pricing people out, which isn’t something that bodes well for the future.

P.S. iR have sent me another 3 for the price of 1 month code, so I might give it another try, but knowing you can't afford something isn't exactly motivating.

Hosted racing does not require any particular licence level. It is up to the host to set the parameters of the session...

PS - poor form discussing a 'hacked' version in the same thread where people are happily (or not) spending $$$ to enjoy the sim and pay for its development ;).

So we're going to take one anonymous criticism claimed to be from a single member of an F1 team as the basis for measuring iRacing's credibility? Shall we ignore then that they have gained a license from a well respected long serving team in F1. That they are taken seriously enough as a simulation to have their virtual championship listed right below the real season standings at NASCAR.com. That they had their virtual Indy 500 covered on the real Indycar Championship web-site. That a string of real life racers actively use the service and have spoken about how realisitc they feel the software is. That a driver of Dale Earnhardt's stature gives his time to promote and improve the sim.

Perhaps the thousands of current subscribers are wrong as well then. Perhaps dodgy converted tracks from sims released almost a decade ago really is the way forward and laser scanning is a waste of everyone's time. Or perhaps, just perhaps the scores of members here who are current or recent subscribers have a more credible view than two members who come to a thread, take it off topic to run it down and admit to using illegal copies and display they have no knowledge of the current or even recent versions of the sim.

Hosted racing does not require any particular licence level. It is up to the host to set the parameters of the session...
I know, my question was about official leagues (but I think I already know the answer). The only thing about hosted racing is that if you want to set a combo you like, that costs more money doesn't it (again a rhetorical question)?

So we're going to take one anonymous criticism claimed to be from a single member of an F1 team as the basis for measuring iRacing's credibility? Shall we ignore then that they have gained a license from a well respected long serving team in F1. That they are taken seriously enough as a simulation to have their virtual championship listed right below the real season standings at NASCAR.com. That they had their virtual Indy 500 covered on the real Indycar Championship web-site. That a string of real life racers actively use the service and have spoken about how realisitc they feel the software is. That a driver of Dale Earnhardt's stature gives his time to promote and improve the sim.
Codemasters licenced the Williams FW27 in Toca 3, and remember how bad that was? It doesn’t guarantee quality, as the teams do it for additional revenue. I take the opinion of an F1 team member over Indy/Nascar because I actually enjoy the racing, it’s widely considered to be the most advanced form of motorsport, where simulation plays a massive role. Dale who? I’m just playing with you, but he’s hardly known worldwide is he?

Perhaps the thousands of current subscribers are wrong as well then. Perhaps dodgy converted tracks from sims released almost a decade ago really is the way forward and laser scanning is a waste of everyone's time. Or perhaps, just perhaps the scores of members here who are current or recent subscribers have a more credible view than two members who come to a thread, take it off topic to run it down and admit to using illegal copies and display they have no knowledge of the current or even recent versions of the sim.
Since when has popularity been an indication of quality? Particularly in gaming nowadays it seems the best titles sell the least. Who’s converting from tracks that are almost a decade old? The oldest I’ve seen in the sims I play’s a track from GTL, which’s five years old now?

Way to end with a personal attack Kevin. I’ve explained why I tried the cracked version, which by the way actually made me feel more positive about iRacing, as I quite enjoyed the Skippy but I’m not going to buy it for aforementioned reasons. Oh and my 3 month subscription ended in June this year, I just didn’t use it that much, as it felt like the same old predictable sim’ that I had tried last year.

Hosted racing is cheaper than everybody thinks actually. Correct me if I am wrong they ask 3 dollars for a race. I did a small calculation and a single hosted race here at RD equals 4 euro's (not dollars) with the current server price and amount of events we organize.

Most members will think its expensive because they are used to race for free (just as they expect everything to be for free) and don't even question themselves who pays the server bills here at RD.

Shall we ignore then that they have gained a license from a well respected long serving team in F1.
Should be a bargain as its an obsolete model from 2009 and not as many people think the current 2010 Williams.

On a side note: can we please create a new topic for a different subject as it gets a bit offtopic :)

The thing about iRacing, and yes - it does have its flaws, is that the development team actually pay attention to the customers; read the forums; interact on the forums; release a product update every 13 weeks (guaranteed) and have enlisted as part of the development team for the FW31 people like Eric Hudec:

Watch episode 2 of iRacingTV and you'll see that his credentials to be able to comment on the physical fidelity of the FW31 being developed for iRacing seem pretty concrete (IMO) :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back