Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Alfa Romeo GTam (Download)
Track: Spa Francorchamps GP

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (8 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (5 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.05 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.15 (8 laps)

Note1: You must install DucFreaks GTA sounds (Download)
Note2: Skins that come with the Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Well after reading the above posts, like me, you all seemed to enjoy yourselves. What I can say is; Thanks Mr T for bring this mod to the club, it's a cracker & does all the things it should do. As for the track, one of me fav's.

After being pipped to poll be Eck, got a great start but after a couple of laps throw it all away by understeering badly @ Pouhon, long left hander, which put me back to 4th behind Thommo. Once I caught up to him the next couple of laps were exciting but I couldn't find a way pass but then going through Eau Rouge he had a problem which gave me the run down the kemel straight & by I went. By now Eck & Dymtro were way upfront but I put the hammer down but only closed the gap to Dymtro a little before the chequered flag.

Race 2 & again pipped to pole by Dymtro this time. Another great start put me 1st but Dymtro drafted me & went by on late braking into Le Combes. Over the next 5 laps I hung onto Dymtro & we raced hard but I could see he was pushing the car & getting out of shape in a few places so I kept the pressure on until he made a slight mistake @ Eau Rouge & I manged to get by him before Le Combes. Now all I had to do was to bring it home which I duely did.

Grats to Eck for race 1 win & well done to all podium finishers.

P.s. Warren I will upload my setup to RD for you mate.

Had only 3-4 laps experience with this car before the event. Missed with random setup in first qual/race. Slight changes in second gave me a surprising pole and another second place. :) Unfortunately, I constantly mistaken in Eau Rouge yesterday, so 2 second places was the best and totally unexpected what I could count with such preparation for the race. :D
Great car, great racing, great company. Thanks to Boss and everyone who was there!

P.s. Warren I will upload my setup to RD for you mate.

Thanks for this Bob.
Very nice setup and huuuuge improvement over what I was using. :)
I must have had a senior moment or something when I fiddled with the setup, or forgotten what does what. :rolleyes:

My first lap with yours was 2 secs better than I was doing yesterday and much more stable too. Not threatening your great times but much better by my standards. :oops:

Now, I like the car a lot. ;)

Well, Spa is always a blast, but what it really needs is a good crowd. And quite a crowd we had here..:)
Op top of that, here was yet another car that is great fun to drive. The amount of great cars that have been -and still being- made for this game is simply amazing.:eek:
Those things combined made for another excellent racing night. From reading here I think we all agree on that..

My races both were highly entertaining. Results could have been better if I hadn't picked up my old habit of spinning off at least once every race:confused: , but the amount of fun I had could hardly have been bigger.
The only fly in the ointment was my nudging the back of Jack's car, disturbing his balance and causing him to spin.:( I'm sorry Jack, at the time honestly I thought there'd be plenty time to brake, but in retrospect I could have been more careful and just give you the corner.:oops:

Congrats to all Podium Finishers, Thank you Stuart for another great event, and thanks to all who were here to have a great time.

Great car! but bad race, making an "early start" did not help so S/G of course after that going of steering out of order so pit again for repair, fin last but fines.
R2 was better some nice fights but my speed was not good so could not hold my place but it was good fun anyway !
thanks Stu great mod, Grats Eck an Bob an thanks all for racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%