ACE 1.2

I will just say this.

The AI cars flying everywhere have nothing to do with the ai_vehicle_track. You can make them slow through the corner and they'll make it but ... :rolleyes:

Altho do you have it with other mods? Not this one or the one in CM's forum as they both have this bug (I haven't tested it but I've took a look through the files). Just another mod, it may be mine or whoever else. :)

It happens in every session, cars seem to go way to fast through those corners, then going wide onto the gravel and then they spin, and it happens in every single session, also in every game mode.. career, grand prix etc... it's pretty much the same problem like Montréal and Germany... They just go to fast through the corners and end up in the gravel

Dude, it's not the mods, its the which for some reason bugs but not on every PC! I don't know what to say, it's not Ace's or your fault, don't get me wrong. It just seems that only SOME people have this problem. I've had this since 1.0, 1.1 all the way to 1.2 and both of your mods. I can do the same for your mod, because, obviously, when you don't have it, you can't fix it. I'm trying to help myself and few others around here who suffer this, not to expose a weakness of someone's mod.
And yes, slowing them through the corner using ai vehicle track does fix the issue. They don't spin halfway through, they just go wide and on the gravel due to too much speed carried through the corner. Lowering the curve_modifier fixes it. It's just that I'm trying to find the perfect value, not that I'm using trial/error method and playing with all the values I can find around here and there.

@RoNnIe666
I've witnessed some errors in T7, Germany. I'll upload revised file soon.

Dude, it's not the mods, its the which for some reason bugs but not on every PC! I don't know what to say, it's not Ace's or your fault, don't get me wrong. It just seems that only SOME people have this problem. I've had this since 1.0, 1.1 all the way to 1.2 and both of your mods. I can do the same for your mod, because, obviously, when you don't have it, you can't fix it. I'm trying to help myself and few others around here who suffer this, not to expose a weakness of someone's mod.
And yes, slowing them through the corner using ai vehicle track does fix the issue. They don't spin halfway through, they just go wide and on the gravel due to too much speed carried through the corner. Lowering the curve_modifier fixes it. It's just that I'm trying to find the perfect value, not that I'm using trial/error method and playing with all the values I can find around here and there.

@RoNnIe666
I've witnessed some errors in T7, Germany. I'll upload revised file soon.

I know it fixes it, but this will make the AI very slow. And I THINK I know what the problem is, that's why I asked you to try another mod except this one or FormulaRacer's (CM forum). They do have such bugs. Especially FormulaRacer's. Just test another mod and tell me, if it's the same than I'm thinking about a whole different thing. Try, you won't lose that much time. Just save your ai_vehicle_track files before replacing them. :)

It happens in every session, cars seem to go way to fast through those corners, then going wide onto the gravel and then they spin, and it happens in every single session, also in every game mode.. career, grand prix etc... it's pretty much the same problem like Montréal and Germany... They just go to fast through the corners and end up in the gravel

If I understand it right, you say it happens on every track. If I understand you right there is a big chance that I'm thinking about the same thing.

I don't say I'm right. I just say that I THINK I know what the bug is! Don't get me wrong!

Ok, weird things happening in Montreal turn 2.
Just adjusted slightly turn 1 and 2 and parked the car just before turn 2 on the outside where the grass is just to observe the AI in a 3 lap race in GP mode. Observed 2 races there and in 3 out of 4 laps the leader went wide and smashed into the wall. First lap was Vettel, second lap was Button. Vettel broke his wing and pitted later and Button retired. Rest of the cars kept nice racing line and went through unharmed. Second attempt, I parked the car at exactly the same place and observed again. Beginning of second lap, Vettel went wide and smashed again, third lap Webber was fine. Every time someone went wide was the leader, the rest were good. I'm not sure if slowing them down a bit would help but at least this is a beginning. Maybe it was the leader because he had no cars ahead of him and tried to push hard? I don't know if this is the case but I'll try my best.

Ok, weird things happening in Montreal turn 2.
Just adjusted slightly turn 1 and 2 and parked the car just before turn 2 on the outside where the grass is just to observe the AI in a 3 lap race in GP mode. Observed 2 races there and in 3 out of 4 laps the leader went wide and smashed into the wall. First lap was Vettel, second lap was Button. Vettel broke his wing and pitted later and Button retired. Rest of the cars kept nice racing line and went through unharmed. Second attempt, I parked the car at exactly the same place and observed again. Beginning of second lap, Vettel went wide and smashed again, third lap Webber was fine. Every time someone went wide was the leader, the rest were good. I'm not sure if slowing them down a bit would help but at least this is a beginning. Maybe it was the leader because he had no cars ahead of him and tried to push hard? I don't know if this is the case but I'll try my best.

I think the others just slow down because of the yellow flags from the first car.

The difference between 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th was less than a second. They were already through the corner when the yellow flag appeared. I'm giving it another notch down (0.02) to see what happens.

EDIT:
Ok, All done now, AI seems to have proper racing line through turn 2 in montreal. Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u1ydhddjiv6im4n

This is Ace's AI edited ai_vehicle_track.xml for those who experience problem in turn 2@Montreal. All credits go to @RowingAce for the overall AI pace there, the only change is turn 2.

@kristiannn No it isn't the mod... I've tried several mods, aces, yours, also your old version 1.0 and even with the original game i have these problems @ catalunya, montreal and nurburgring.... So it's just our game i guess... and i use Aces mod right now, and no other mods which could affect the AI, only a HD car livery mod, helmet mod, steering wheels etc.. just visual mods;)

Litlle shoot to dark :D do you guys have enough powerful cpu? I now that in other discusion they find out, that with faster cpu AI is smarter, do less mistakes and so on.. just tip

@RowingAce - hi, in your ai_choreographer file, is it just the amendments to the AI DNFs that you have actioned? A colleague has asked for this fix (playing patch 1.2, already well into a career, no other mods).

Are they OK to just use your ai_choreographer file only in there otherwise un-modded game, or will it afffect other things in addition to AI DNF?

Thanks

I did some further testing and decided to rearrange the team tiers.
From my testing in melbourne I concluded, that the PLAYER'S car performance is as follows:

T1 - RB, FE, McL
T2 - MGP, Sauber
T3 - Renault, Williams
T4 - TR, FI
T5 - Lotus, Virgin, HRT

Laptimes from my testing are in the readme file.

This is the new order in the updated Database. Also I adjusted engine power for lower tiers, there was a mistake before, that overpowered lower teams while driving in sight.

I recommend to start the career again, sorry :/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years