ACE 1.2

I'm with 3 n's :(
Sorry - was probably an innapropriate question. I think both are great and use both mods! - Quite frankly I really appreciate yourself and Ace supporting the game like this - I would have stopped playing a long time ago go but for you two guys, so please keep up the good work!

Sorry - was probably an innapropriate question. I think both are great and use both mods! - Quite frankly I really appreciate yourself and Ace supporting the game like this - I would have stopped playing a long time ago go but for you two guys, so please keep up the good work!

Same here! Both mods are great and the fact you both work on the game means we all are spoilt! Brilliant!

@d3fl3xion - Hi, just wondered, overall - which mod do you prefer, this or kristianns?

Thanks

Actually both mods are really good, also they have great side and not that great sides. What I suffered in kristiannn's mod is that in the beginning of a race I matched the AI but halfway through the stint I find myself losing time. I'm not sure which mod has better pace but with kristiannn it is a lot harder to keep up with the pace. It could be just me of course. We had a discussion a few days ago about the added BHP to AI cars but that seems not to be the problem. It could be the added fuel that destroys the tyres but again, I'm not certain. Furthermore Ace's mod is worse balanced in Pro difficulty, especially with bottom teams, they seem to be a lot slower than original CM Legend AI. I suggest, all those who still haven't decided - try both mods, and use LEGEND in any case, Pro is just not balanced well and of course, should not be. The purpose of these mods is to make the AI actually quicker than Legend, so if you have can't keep up even with custom setup, just stick with original CM AI.

Ace, is it possible to change the braking distance in the hairpin at Shanghai pls ? Just did a 30% with Rosberg and the others win almost a second at me just in that turn :s The AI brakes way too late compared to me without locking up their tyres or any other issues.

As for Montral and Catalunya I really don't know what to do about that, cause I really don't have those Problems. I could make them slower through those turns, but they are already slow there ..

As for Montral and Catalunya I really don't know what to do about that, cause I really don't have those Problems. I could make them slower through those turns, but they are already slow there ..

@RowingAce - Any chance of slowing them just prior to the long straight at China? They seem to have way too much traction coming out of the right hand curve onto the straight in race trim ... then are able to drive right up behind and pass, even with DRS and KERS I can't defend.

Great mod though -really enjoying it. I hooked it up with Mr Pibbs update and its great (just the stat changes, driver number and garage positions needed in your database to match them up).

My problem in Montreal is since patch 1.2. Different players suffer this in different tracks though.
The other biggest problem is in Germany, they seem to go off-track through the chicane at the beginning of sector 2. This problem persisted from 1.0, 1.1 to 1.2. It doesn't seem to be fixed by either of the mods so far. They do fly off in all sessions, not only race and regardless of tiers, sometimes they bunch up there and it's chaotic to go through all the spun off cars. It just makes Germany too bad.

P.S Even the racing line points towards the gravel at the later stages of the race :D

@d3fl3xion I've also have that problem at the Nürburgring...:S And i still can't figure out what the problem is... I guess we both have the same shitty bugs in our game... And i've been searching for ages to fix these problems, but without succes:(

I've made some progress but not big. After 1 hour battle with the game, I managed to successfully open the ai_vehicle_track.xml and tried a few times to fix the problem. It looks rather confusing when you first open the file but soon most of the values start to make sense. I still have problems figuring out which corner corresponds to Turn 7 in Germany though. There are more lines than actual corners. For example for some corners there are two values and for others just one. Can't figure out what reads the corner count, the line number or a separate number somewhere in between the values that I found to be corresponding to turns. I'll try further tomorrow because I really want to help people with problem in Montreal and Germany. It's just too easy with cars spinning of in all sessions.

Yeah i totally agree with you man, it's kinda boring to race at these tracks with the AI spinning of the track every lap.... Hopefully one of us can fix it..:D

I already fixed it but now they are crawling through the corner :p
Just a little of tweaking and it's done.

EDIT:

Ai_vehicle_track does affect out of sight. When fixing the values, cars go slower and don't go off track, you can observe this on minimap while driving. They go off with normal values regardless in or out of sight.

I will upload once it is perfect and the AI is not slowed down too much through these two corners but only to prevent them going wide and off track. Of course I edited Ace's because there will be no point of playing the whole season with the mod and only germany without...

Ok well i'll wait for it then! Did you also changed the values for Montréal yet? And btw i've also posted a problem on the Catalunya with Ace's mod... but i've also had the same problem with the original game... they go really wide and then onto the gravel in turns 4, 5 and 12.... But i just don't know which values in the ai_vehicle_track files i have to edit:p

Can you make a more detailed description about Catalunya problem because I don't have any problems there. I will try to fix it after Montreal. For example does it happen during quali and practice or all sessions etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back