7970 6Gb or Titan

Hi all

I'm about to set up my new rig, and just waiting for haswell to be released.

I'm looking for a new gpu and considering between the 7970 6gb vapor-x or the titan. Obviously my pocket is favouring the 7970, but I would like to hear other opinions.

Will be running three 23" screens and intend to go on iracing, but definitely F1 2012 and rfactor2 etc... I understand crossfire won't work well on F1 2012 so that's a concern if I get the 7970, I can't get another card sometime down the road... or should I just a get a 3gb version?

Thanks! !!

I can't really help as I've not had either card, but I've just switched from a 7970 3GB to a 680 4GB, and get double the framerates now in rFactor2 and Project Cars. I get similar framerates as before in the older rFactor, but now it seems more stable than with the AMD.

I run at 5760x1080 over 3 screens.

I'd go for the nvidia card.

Upvote 0
That's good information! Any idea how about the codemasters games like F1 2012 or dirt? Many thanks! Was just curious about the 256bit vs 384 bit but wonders if it really matters in real life!

Upvote 0
I actually have F1 2012 installed, but I am yet to put a single minute into the game. I can go and boot it up and tell you how I do with the 680, but I never tried it with the 7970. Will be back shortly with the FPS.

My PC is:
2600k @ stock
16gb ram
GTX680 +FTW 4gb

Upvote 0
Test done - I get around 88fps, with everything maxed out. High of 94 low of 82. That's with everything maxed out.

Also just tried the Asseto Corsa tech preview, and get a solid V-synced 60fps easy.

I forgot to add to my first reply - the anti aliasing is SO much nicer with the nvidia card - the AMD one seemed to be a bit more pixely.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back