4 GRAN PREMIO DE SUGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was satisfied with 9th in the qualification. Not my best lap, but good enough.

Not much to say about the race. Made some small mistakes and ended up out of track but never hit anything so the car never got damaged. First pit stop was for once a great success, I somehow gained a few spots.
With about 15-20 minutes left I was in 6th and was closing in on Massimo and a gap of ~7s to 7th. Quite comfortable. As Massimo said, he made a mistake when Marcin was about to lap him and I could pass. But not far from the end, Yuri was coming in hurry and I never thought I could make it because my tires were in a really bad condition. A mistake from me and he passed, a mistake from him and I were back in 5th. At this point, with only 2 laps to go I was taking it easy not to make any mistakes and started to drive defensive. It paid off and I finished in 5th!
A great success for me and well needed point for our team :)

Quali : 13th but I have a disconection 2 min before the end of the session (all pilot have done there quali). I can join the session just before the end, but loose my position to the last.

Race : A little bit frustrated, but I have always a problem in all these champ race. I have the chance to run all the race, and it is the essential.
I tried an agressive strategie due to my starting position and have some great battle (yes yes Lee, always clean in my family but YOU are THE WALL).
The weather was really strange, I doubt a lot during my race in my tyre choice but it seems good.
Managed to up to the last position to 8th, but to the end my tyre cry (4 alerts, all in red...) and can't protect anymore my position. Special mention for Michael Braeutigam who was really patient and clean.
Finish 10th, seems so good when we start last.

Congratulation to the podium and all who finish the race.

Thanks to the staff for this can be possible, despite of all problem (TS for example).
Sorry, but I don't understand all the thing about your moving to an other chat. Maybe explain during my disconection... So I raced without TS.

@ Marcin : nothing broke for me and so it is without any consequencies, but personaly, when I was lapped, I prefer let you pass when we aren't in a curve (specially in a track like this one) and same thing when I lapped somebody.

The start was a mess in the middle and back. Once again some people seem to think they are able to slingshot themselves just before the start line like its some kind of a NASCAR race. I also wondered why the field is not gaining up speed after the last turn but slows down instead. Maybe the racing staff could consider some additional rules, like minimum and maximum car length distance or something?

@Lee: I checked the replay as I also was curious on what happened at the start and it seems that Gaëtan (I think it was) got a really good run, way too good, on the guy infront and had the check up to not pass before the line. It created a chain reaction and there were a couple of hits and spins there.

I need to brake but not because i take a good start, my start is bad because when those in front accelerates i'm surprised and undergear my car have difficulties to accelerate but after before cut finish line others slow down.

@Lee: I checked the replay as I also was curious on what happened at the start and it seems that Gaëtan (I think it was) got a really good run, way too good, on the guy infront and had the check up to not pass before the line. It created a chain reaction and there were a couple of hits and spins there.

I will have a look in a bit and see what happened ... if its clear that someone is at fault then I imagine we will put an incident report in, and that we won't be the only ones doing it based on the number of cars involved ;)
The effect on my race was fairly massive TBH (car was not handling through the final corner, engine was damaged further meaning I was having to be really careful with it, short shifting and, etc. I lost ~6 places before T1 of first lap, and the car was at least ~6km/h slower on straights ... :().
If someone is at fault, its will not be a vindictive complaint, just think folks have to be way more careful, and whacking someone before we even crossed the line causing a huge pile up goes down in my book as rather an amazing screw up. :D

Still ... despite the bumpy unflowing nature of this track, in some sick kind of way, I still actually quite enjoyed the race (not sure my teammate Ian did :p) ... gratz again to podium, and I forgot just how fast Marcin is - class act dude.

PS Mikael ... why have you got a lampshade on your head in your avatar? :p :D

... one other thing, IMHO I think part of the issue with the incident was the nature of the track and perhaps the late signal for green flag?
If we had accelerated and braked more normally from the final corner up the S/F straight, then there would probably have been a bit more gap between all of the cars braking and entering T1, but as it was, we all just got our hoofs down when the leaders were probably hitting the brake and single filing through T1, causing a ripple effect through the pack that had to give somewhere.

This is all said without checking the replay, so I am probably wrong ... but from what I remember happening last night, this seems like a very reasonable statement to make right now.

(watch this space for an apology and me taking it all back once I do watch the replay :D)

I need to brake but not because i take a good start, my start is bad because when those in front accelerates i'm surprised and undergear my car have difficulties to accelerate but after before cut finish line others slow down.

You really should read the rules. During the whole formation lap you where accelerating and brake testing. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. You causing a chain reaction this way.

I Quote rule 5 of STC for you.

5.- WARM UP LAP
Formation lap will be done in a pace around 90 kmts/h.

It is really important you keep a constant distance with the car infront and the car behind, so no brake or acceleration test will be done.

You really should read the rules. During the whole formation lap you where accelerating and brake testing. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. You causing a chain reaction this way.

I Quote rule 5 of STC for you.

5.- WARM UP LAP
Formation lap will be done in a pace around 90 kmts/h.

It is really important you keep a constant distance with the car infront and the car behind, so no brake or acceleration test will be done.

Sorry, but I do not test my brake, if you can keep your space, good for you, but to me it's hard to keep a constant spacing between cars because speed it's not constant, and i brake a little before braking to warn following when i need to brake.
And when they have a big space i try do not accelerate too much.
I make my best to keep this space constant, that's all (maybe you do that better than me).

Race report:

Raceday preparation:

When i launched the Simracingteamchallenge.com website, and looked at the weather i was suprised to see the rain. But it made me smile. As i like to drive in changeable weather.
Launched a server and practiced in the rain to understand the settings of the setup in the rain.
After that it was on to the STC Gamehoster server.

Qualify:
Well i looked liked i was really fast. It felt that way. But in the second sector i losed most of the time by beeing to carefull.
The laptime was good for a 12th position.

Race:
Warm up lap. The 11th place was all the time accelerating like a spaceship on his way to the moon, and followed by braking obvisiously so hard that the brakes where gone before the race has started :) .
It resulted in a chain reaction to the back. Don't know if people in front of him thought it was a good idea. But i could live with it, as my setup was stable in rain en dry condition.
So as the warm up came to an end, and the leaders saw the Green flag waving. I accelerated, and saw that the car in front was almost come to an halt. I rammed my car in his back. (not so strange as i did 200 kmph accelarating, and in front of you is a wall out of nothing :) .).
I looked in the mirror and was suprised to see cars flying everywhere. I think they did an audition to join the Flying Dutchman Racing Team. And no one even hitted me from behind.
Well after that warm up lap, it was just finding the pace. And it was hard with the damage on the front. But still i found a stable pace.
- 1st pit. Darn i selected to refuel the car. Again with a top heavy car on the track.
I changed my strategy, and tryed to safe the tyres. So that i could sprint at the end of the stint with some less fuel. Well it worked out.
- 2nd pit: Only tyres. Woohooo. low fueled the car was feeling better. Still couldn't do my race pace as practiced before. But it was fast enough to bring me to 6th. Last to laps i had an awesome battle. But the high wing settings weren't in my favor, and i lost the sprint to the finish line.

All by All a wonderfull race. No DNF for me but a good place in the Top ten!

Tnx all, and cya next time at 1 of the next events.

Marcin, Abduct me please hahahaha. Show me your wishdom. Congrats mate.

The start was a mess in the middle and back. Once again some people seem to think they are able to slingshot themselves just before the start line like its some kind of a NASCAR race. I also wondered why the field is not gaining up speed after the last turn but slows down instead. Maybe the racing staff could consider some additional rules, like minimum and maximum car length distance or something?

I was thinking about cheking the start when I reach home, will come with something.

Race report:

I start 11th, at the green flag, nothing happens, until a sudden everyone is accelerating. I accelerate but I must down a gear because I have no power. But before crossing the line I see other cars are suddenly closer, I am forced to brake. The 12th who has not read the rules about the interdiction to overtake before finish line does not expect the slowdown, believing that he would move from 12th to 1st on one braking.
i've been hurt, after when i go out my rear touch very little the wall but this touch and the first at start is enought to break my rear wing, i stop and go out with blue flag, i'm on rythm but i can do nothing for the rest of race. i finish 15th.

for me was a nightmere, qualy non so good as I hope, in training I was able to do better :(
At the GREEN FLAG there was a wall of cars in front of me, cars everywhere, outside the track, stopped in the middle of the track ...
After few laps start the rain, I decide to pit in order to chenge tires ... ERROR ... 4-5 laps the rain stopped and my tires become red, re-pit for soft.
By the way, what happened to Flavio? He was into a barrier trying to recover the car for many laps, but he could not finally...
In T2 I overflow the curb and I go into 360 spin, my car in the meadow probably touches the bottom and after 5-6 min of attempts to move ... I has press ESC ... race ended.
I am very sorry for how things went the night ... :(

Race report:

I start 11th, at the green flag, nothing happens, until a sudden everyone is accelerating. I accelerate but I must down a gear because I have no power. But before crossing the line I see other cars are suddenly closer, I am forced to brake. The 12th who has not read the rules about the interdiction to overtake before finish line does not expect the slowdown, believing that he would move from 12th to 1st on one braking.
i've been hurt, after when i go out my rear touch very little the wall but this touch and the first at start is enought to break my rear wing, i stop and go out with blue flag, i'm on rythm but i can do nothing for the rest of race. i finish 15th.

So you speculate that i wanted to overtake before the start finishline. Well lets see what an incident report has as outcome.
Beleve me i am not the guy of making incident reports normally. But i feel like you are in a different world. And i need to open your eyes. So be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%