3DConnexion

I have just bought one of these (the SpaceNavigator) for my artwork.
Which I have to say is amazing, its made using 3D model work ten times easier to spin around and view the object im working on.
580938-a.jpg

But I am wondering is it possible to map it to rfactor as an additional controller and what is the best software to use if possible.
Thanks in advance for any help
:coffee:

I suppose you can map it to rFactor in one way or another, but after a little bit of googling it seems as if its fairly limited in regards to custom software for it.

My only advice at this point is to dabble around with PPJoy and GlovePie to map it.
Primitive way of doing it, I know, but it's the only thing I can come up with. Besides, PPJoy and GlovePie are very powerful programs to make custom controllers, so it might be worth the try.

Also: What would you be using the controller for in rFactor? I'm curious! ;-)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info mate.
I will look into it.

I was playing with the idea of using it as a brake balance controller in rfactor, instead of building some crazy lever.
Its not really essential (just an after thought) as it will get used primary for modelling.

If it wont its not a problem, I may just end up buying Derek Speares Velocity r3...
http://www.**********************/0_0_0_0_250_188_csupload_48520338_large.jpg?u=681466549

Hats off to you Derek thats one awsome looking box :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
You want to be careful using the Space Navigator as a controller. I had all sorts of issues with mine. I didn't want to use it as a controller, but the fact that it was plugged in at the same time as my controllers for rFactor, it was causing conflicts with my controllers. Sometimes I'd be able to see a controller and sometimes I wouldn't. It was very odd.

The very second I unplugged the Space Navigator the problems were gone.

Just be careful and good luck!

Upvote 0
Aye! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the heads up mate, I did look at using it in sims but I got worried that I might damage it, an it is a bit expensive to replace so I dropped the idea.

I do think I will get the velocity from Derek when the funds in the bank say "Yes!"
;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info mate.
I will look into it.

I was playing with the idea of using it as a brake balance controller in rfactor, instead of building some crazy lever.
Its not really essential (just an after thought) as it will get used primary for modelling.

If it wont its not a problem, I may just end up buying Derek Speares Velocity r3...
http://www.**********************/0_0_0_0_250_188_csupload_48520338_large.jpg?u=681466549

Hats off to you Derek thats one awsome looking box :thumbsup:

I love that box but i just dont know why derek doesnt cut down the rotarys, its looking somewhat wrong for me. Im pretty sure he do also use the CTS encoders there and they are easy to cut down, i know cause i do that for my mod service.

Greets MOdmate

Upvote 0
Hi Modmate
The rotarys look spot on for me, nice and high so I dont press any of the buttons by accident, as I dont want to have to look away from the screen when im pressing or turning dials. :thumbsup:

I guess it is all down to personal preference, but I am sure if you asked him he would do it on request.

I just wish I could do monthly payments, as im bad at saving :( money burns too many holes in my pockets.

Upvote 0
Hi Modmate
The rotarys look spot on for me, nice and high so I dont press any of the buttons by accident, as I dont want to have to look away from the screen when im pressing or turning dials. :thumbsup:

I guess it is all down to personal preference, but I am sure if you asked him he would do it on request.

I just wish I could do monthly payments, as im bad at saving :( money burns too many holes in my pockets.

I meant the shafts of the rotary encoders wich needs to be cut down 6mm to let it fit with the knob he uses. The elma knobs fits fantastic on the cts encoders without cutting. I dont think derek offers such cause ts may just to much work for him?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back