6. Jules Bianchi, Marussia, 1m 32.222s, 25 laps
7. Adrian Sutil, Sauber, 1m 36.571s, 69 laps
8. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1m 36.951s 91 laps
9. Kamui Kobayashi, Caterham, 1m 43.193s, 54 laps
10. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1m 44.016s, 9 laps
11. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1m 45.374s, 7 laps

Interesting! :laugh:
Felipe's Williams is in, almost a "century" faster! :geek:

I have only heard the Mercedes on the dyno and sounds ok to me but not like the v8's. The engine rule changed hasn't bugged me like others but the body styles are appalling. Frankly who in there right mind from a marking standpoint would support such a terrible looking product. Ferrari and McLaren produce some of the most stunning looking cars on the road. Could you picture the new Ferrari on a poster next to the Ferrari La Ferrari? Hell no!

They will probably fix the "look" in 2015, like they did in 2013 vs. 2012. It's just a marketing stunt: "Talk about it good, bad, ugly, but TALK about it" = Marketing 101. Everybody who hate this year's "look" will come back next year, as they will want to see if they "fixed" it. Me, as long as the competition is interesting (contrary to last year, for instance), I don't care if the cars had a UFO "look" at all! :alien:

The title says it all. Cannot wait to see F1 2014 and Ferrari and Mercedes driven vehicles dominating the rest. About time if you ask me. Vettel is just a typical 'potatoe farmer' that maxed out the potential as long as he could. A bit like MS if he would have continued with Bennetton if you ask me.

Yeah yeah I hate Vettel. But seriously....what do you guys think about F1 2014 and the outcome of next season. Anyone willing to play Nostradamus and look into the crystal ball?

What i think this will be one season in which all of you finally will see the true abilities, talents and guts Vettel has. Even more, you will see how he will build the car to his style and improve of course. Then people will finally understand and bow to him, like they should, being a 4 times world champion.

I am not a manufacturer or a team fan, F1 viewer. I am strictly just fan of F1 cause of the legends who lived and died and the next generation who will come selecting only one among them. Mine is Vettel.

I will enjoy seeing him, although its too early to comment that, that he will be found in the middle of the pack or chasing the leaders, because it will be win-win for him. He will show you what he is capable of!
So then people finally will shut their mouths, saying stupid things like he was "potatoe farmer" or i dont know what ( i didnt even understood the meaning of it) but its okay. Everyone has its own opinion even you. Truth is he destroyed everyone and continued to do so, while Alonso Hamilton and Raikkonen never could, i question myself why!?

However what i expect from 2014 is this, to see Bernie devasated after what he had done, and i wish the worst case scenario, for a driver to win the title in the last race and only because of the double points, not just to win it, no matter if it were double or normal. I wanna see a driver that wins the title just because double points - so then he will see what credit that champion will get! From ME, nothing at all! Even if Vettel wins is in that way. It will be a crap of a season, it will be interesting and everything but it wont be won by the best driver, like years before, it will be won by endurance, consistency, reliability and luck nothing else.

I pray this season there is a race no one finishes, and then Bernie can get the F out of F1 ...

Vettel will dominate until pirelli leaves the sport I think. Prior to 2011 he was a quick driver, but I don't think he was as quick as as Hamilton in terms of pace, or as good an all-round driver as Alonso. Since Pirelli has been in the sport drivers have not really been able to push their car as fast as they can go, which essentially made Hamilton's biggest asset null and void. Vettel clearly excels at tyre management and adapting his driving style, much more so than Webber, who a few years ago was almost on a par with him. For whatever reason, Vettel has adapted to the regulations much better than everyone else.

They all had raced under equal terms, as for Vettel the same for everyone else, thing is Vettel went to Pirelli to try to understand them. M.Walker comments that as a rare thing among drivers and he said he used to see only Senna or Schumi to do those stuffs. So even if Pirelli are changed he will be again dominating, just this time it will be required longer period of time to set the car.

I also think that the Vettel is the man to beat this year. But then again I expect a lot more from Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren. The only downside on Ferrari is that they have signed Räikkönen for this year. My concern is that the two Ferrari drivers are so busy to beat each other that they forget to think about the championship.

Anyway I hope for a good fight this year.

They all had raced under equal terms, as for Vettel the same for everyone else, thing is Vettel went to Pirelli to try to understand them. M.Walker comments that as a rare thing among drivers and he said he used to see only Senna or Schumi to do those stuffs.

That 100% was a PR stunt. I'm sure drivers visit supplier factories all the time. This was a Red Bull orchestrated PR filming opportunity to make Vettel seem like the wise champion.

That 100% was a PR stunt. I'm sure drivers visit supplier factories all the time. This was a Red Bull orchestrated PR filming opportunity to make Vettel seem like the wise champion.

No mate, no one said no one filmed. Even Murray Walker i will quote him, says "as far i can tell, Vettel was the only one who went in Pirelli"

How this came out on the surface, it was Murray Walker who heard i suppose from Pirelli stuff or something, since there was no word from anyone else doing that. And while M.Walker gave credits to Vettel, what he did and to whom that reminded him someone else could have said "It was not only Vettel"
I mean, i cannot debate on it i can just answer you on pure logic nothing more. It's simple, if someone else went we would have heard it too. However what he did is nothing great but shows his great determination, that obsessive mind to be no.1 while Alonso and Hamilton were nothing but commenting who and which class belonged. So i can tell them this, while they played Gods & Kings someone came around and took both seats even before they noticed.

@Martin Maaskant having two top drivers and the desire to beat each other can lead to only one, more motivation more determination more pressure = greater results for the team.
Remember how Prost and Senna, obsessed with each other went that far, that for a moment was thought they were racing in different league. For this between Alonso and Kimi we should wait and see what happens, but i dont believe it will backfire.

With the greatest of respect to Murray Walker, I'm pretty sure Pirelli don't give him regular updates on who visits their factory.
I'm fairly certain guys like Alonso, who is a student of Motorsport, would've paid them a visit at some point. As would Schumacher at the time.

With the greatest of respect to Murray Walker, I'm pretty sure Pirelli don't give him regular updates on who visits their factory.
I'm fairly certain guys like Alonso, who is a student of Motorsport, would've paid them a visit at some point. As would Schumacher at the time.

Thing is Murray Walker says, as far as he knows, Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher are the only one who did those things in the past and now Vettel

Not necessarily. Vettel also took a course to understand how the KERS system works, so he could better understand the car. You think guys like Hamilton and Alonso are doing stuff like that? I doubt it. They're too busy with their dogs, supermodel girlfriends, etc.

Not necessarily. Vettel also took a course to understand how the KERS system works, so he could better understand the car. You think guys like Hamilton and Alonso are doing stuff like that? I doubt it. They're too busy with their dogs, supermodel girlfriends, etc.

A bit of a narrow-minded view, don't you think?

Then people will finally understand and bow to him, like they should, being a 4 times world champion.

Seriously?

What is he now? Royalty or something?

He's a guy that drives a car......many more of them on the grid.

Can picture it now, all the other drivers and teams bowing as he walks down pit lane. :roflmao:

Jeeeeez!

Bg0lhATCEAAzNRg.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back