2014 car design

I wonder how the new cars will look alike. Newey said they will be ugly while Mercedes claims that they will be not so bad.

I found these pictures. What do you think? Are they close?

1iTxRBo.jpg

F1-2014-cars.jpg

here's a decent video on what the cars will look like next year. i thought the front wings would be narrower though? i remember hearing somewhere that they were going to be made narrower next year to avoid bits of the wing coming off all the time when there's contact. maybe i'm mistaken though?

Newey said they will be ugly, and these predictious concepts are not ugly enough, at least not uglier than the current ones.
I expect a worse shape actually :D

If you think about it, the BGP001 (Brawn GP car, if someone's already forgotten :p) had a pretty low nose already and the car was one of the best looking ones in the season.
Unless in 2014 they'll have to be lower in a longer section of the whole chassis.

Only problem with the Brawn nose is you're not maximising air flow under the nose, I suspect we'll see most cars with this 'new' ant eater style nose.

Walrus style nose could work, but as I suspect the ant eater is probably a better choice as its the minimum size for the regulations while maximizing airflow.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 167 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%