2013 American Le Mans Series

BMW has announced that they will retire the M3 GT after it´s quite successful time in ALMS and replace it with the BMW Z4 GTE

Hopefully it can live up to the results the M3 did,

2009 - build-up year
2010 - Team title and Manufacturer´s title
2011 - Team title, Manufacturer´s title, driver´s title.
2012 - BMW getting talked into running one more year, competitors simply too strong, especially the Corvette.

1354435553.jpg

Will probably look similar to that,
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104680

The 991 Porsche won't be part of ALMS. Porsche Motorsports announced in a press release along with the news that Flying Lizard will no longer get factory support. they will not bring the 991 Porsche into the championship. So the only 991 in the States will be the 6 hour race at the Circuit of the Americas of the World Endurance Championship.

I came to find some info about the IMSA Grand Am merger and it's consequences for top-level sports car racing in the US.

Referring to Motorsport-Total.com, LMP2 will be put into one class with DPs for two years. The DPs will get more aerodynamical freedom and more engine power to even them. Also LMP2s must use steel breaks. From 2016 LMP2 are no longer allowed. Grand Am also seeks to even GTEs and their own GT. This idea does not get much love it seems though, since the manufacturers would need to modify their cars to special specifications. MST bases these news on "sport auto" researches. No names were given but it was reported to be information from high ranked Grand Am officials.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/meh...emeinsames_Feld_von_LMP2_und_DP_12122202.html

anyone watching the 12 hours of sebring? i was watching the Corvette going behind the wall and back to the paddock and i was thinking that besides remembering the track the drivers have to remenber they're way to the paddock, it seems a long way :roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%