2012 Lotus E20

Fastest lap on the first day says absolutely nothing. To figure out the performances of the cars you might as well go to an old lady with a glass ball and ask her :)

we don´t know fuel or anything ;) It looks good for the sponsors though.

Yep, Barrichello clokced the fastest lap last year and it did him nothing on the end. But it's good for Kimi, the best way to start the comeback season. All the critics will be silenced pretty effectively now.

Yep, Barrichello clokced the fastest lap last year and it did him nothing on the end. But it's good for Kimi, the best way to start the comeback season. All the critics will be silenced pretty effectively now.
The critics will be silenced after Australia :) These tests tell you zero really.

He just have to beat his teammate consistently, that will be enough to silence the critics. Something i´m sure he will do :)

Hampus, come on, don't shoot every comment down.. We all know it doesn't mean anything in the big picture that Lotus was marginally faster than Force India.. But them being the last would've ment big problems.. They don't need to concentrate for solving huge issues and can continue developement program as planned...From what i gather of that enthusiasm of downplaying Lotus is that it ain't your favoured team... ;)

Even Kimi said: "It makes no difference, I mean it's the first day, and it would make a difference if it were a race weekend, but here it means nothing." But the fact that he got a good feeling of the car is a good sign.
"The feeling is pretty OK with the car and for sure I've had much worse first days and worse feelings with new cars," he added. "I was quite happy with it."
"The feeling was pretty good with the car. The first feeling is handling quite nicely so... just going with that feeling I'm quite happy, but there are areas that we can improve and that we have to improve. I'm positive about it."

source: Autosport

Nono im not, im half-fin so im rooting for Kimi obviously.
Just as i did with Hakkinen.

But like Kimi says it means jack if he's on top of the timeboards.
He could have been last and it would mean the same thing except for sponsors.

Im hoping the car is quick but i will wait until i see qualifying.
Even though the car feels good it doesn't mean it's quick.
The problem is he has nobody to target so when it's time to really push, then you will find out what the car is missing.

Yea :)

Here´s a good picture of some "flow-wiz" paint, shows the path of the air which is cool.

dms1209fe36.jpg

How do they apply it anyway? Do they splash a bunch of it on the front wing and let it spray all over the car while in motion or do they use some small paint reservoirs?

A leak: Kimi has an option to switch team after the first season unless he is at least 8h in the championships...

Source: Autosport via Ilta-sanomat (couldn't find the article in Autosport even thou they gave that as a source..)

Apparently Raikkonen has got a get-out clause in his contract if the 2012 isn't competitive. I think the benchmark is 8th in the driver's championship.

(Edit: As already mentioned above. How observant of me! :D)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%