2012 DTM Season

3 points between the two.

Let´s say they get off the same as they started, in order for Spengler to win this would be to first overtake Paffett on track, that would give him equal points to him,

2nd in race - 142p - Spengler
3rd in race - 142p - Paffett

What i think would hand Spengler the championship here is amount of wins.
Gary has won 2 races, Spengler has won 3.

Great finale indeed and gz to Spengler and BMW. BMW won all championships today (drivers, teams & constructors)

It could have been even more dramatic if Mercedes hadn't messed up Paffett's second pitstop. He lost over a second there and would presumably had a chance to attack Spengler on the track otherwise.

Even though I would say that Paffett was a little bit faster in this season, I think Spengler deserved this title over the course of his career for sure :)

I'm looking forward to next season where I see 2 dark-horses possibly having a go at the title: Farfus and Mortara :geek:

Awesome race! :) Was close to being a real dog fight out on track there but he just kept calm and took it home, he´s been super strong in this last few races.

attachment.php

attachment.php

BMW wins them all!

As well as most Pole Positions, Most poles by single driver (Spengler) and most Wins.
And that was with one more retirement for Spengler then Paffett.

Not to shabby after 20 years of absence :) M Power!

Indeed awesome. Just glad there are 2 Bavarian manufacturers in DTM now, so now there's a 2/3 chance the glorious motherland will be victorious! :)

The 2013 DTM calendar at a glance (Subject to approval by FIA)

5th May - Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (D)
19th May - Brands Hatch (GB)
2nd June - Red Bull Ring Spielberg (A)
16th June - Lausitzring (D)
7th July - Norisring (D)
21st July - Circuit Park Zandvoort (NL)
4th August - Moscow (RUS)
18th August - Nürburgring (D)
15th September - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (D)
29th September - TBA
20th October - Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (D)

Sorry for the double post, but as Motorsport-Total.com just reported, ITR plans a race at Berlin again. Unlike 20 years ago the venue wouldn't be the AVUS, but at one of the old airports Tempelhof or Tegel*. (*in case the Willy Brandt airport BER ever opens) The ITR already has the support of the German Motorsport Association DMSB. Hans-Joachim 'Strietzel' Stuck, president of the DMSB, DTM and World Sportscar Champion, said: "Great Idea! You have the fans living literaly right at the track. They have short travels. There have to be a layout, which fulfills the demands of these cars and at such a temporary track one needs to ensure the optimum of safety standards."

ITR is reported to already have proposed possible layouts to the City's gouvernment.

source: Roman Wittemeier, Motorsport-Total.com, http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/news/2012/10/DTM_Gelingt_der_Coup_in_Berlin_12102402.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back