2012 Dakar Rally

More bad news:

French biker Sebastien Coue has been found in the dunes with a body temperature of 40°C. He's been transported to a hospital and put into coma.

Quinn Cody(USA) is out too, after breaking his collarbone and suspected skull trauma.

On monday, biker Bruno Da Costa(France) hit a cow while Sergio Cerdera(Argentina) hit a horse. Cerdera was put to a hospital, but with only small injuries left it again to take part in the next stage.

Da Costa wasn't as lucky, he apparently has inner hematoma and a spine fracture.

Another biker, Manuell Jamett from Peru had to give up after he broke his toes while Mariano Lorenzetti(Italy) had to give up as a truck ran over his bike. He said he sold his appartment to take part in the Dakar.

Already on sunday, an ultra-light plane crashed down, the 37-year old pilot and his 11-year old son died in the crash, they were watching the rally from above.

With this, the Rally Dakar has claimed the life of 60 people since 1979.

I couldn't post it before, because I am ill (actually I hoped somebody will post it instead of me, nobody's watching Dakar already?). Aleš Loprais Team crashed in stage 9, they were 2nd in trucks. Aleš and his engineer Petr Almáši, who fell asleep behind the wheel (it wasn't at the SuperStage but in "Neutral zone" ), are in hospital but stabilized (navigator Michal Ernst is without injury) , Aleš has broken vertebrae and Petr has concussion. The rest of the crew was sleeping as well before the accident happened, Aleš woked up just when they left the narrow road and tried to wake up Petr. The impact was so big that the Tatra lost both front wheels.

1280_2012_dakar_____YT2H2924_resize.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, i present you the worst sportsman in history, a man whose driving license should be removed, a man who doesn't care about the others, a man that cheats and thinks everyone is against him, a man who doesn't deserve to be driving a car.

Robby "the guy nobody likes" Gordon

And maybe it's true that the organizers have been helping the French competitors, it seems like that, i don't say it's like that but it seems so, see Despres' fall in the mud and they gave him a special time because other guys got stuck in the mud too, it is completely unfair but because other guys got stuck there too, he gets a special time, but tell me why don't you give a special time to the other guys who got stuck in the sand, the snow, and everywhere else, i bet there were some places where more competitors got stuck than in that mud. But what is also completely unacceptable is this man's attitude : Robby Gordon who now wins stages and starts to offend other competitors demostrating that he doesn't care about the sport, or other people. First for some misterious reason, his teammate's car (Nasser Al Attiyah) starts having problems since the first stage while Gordon's car has no problems. Nasser decides to retire saying that he will not run with Hummer or Gordon ever again. Also bad things about Gordon are said by Nasser, showing that he wasn't a good teammate, and God knows what else Gordon said to Nasser, then Gordon has problems on a stage and looses a lot of time and the chance to be in the podium. Technical inspectors find irregularities in his car and he decides to appeal, they let him race. He supposedly had a system that gave him extra power. Then for some reason mr Gordon starts beating the Minis by long margins of more than 10 minutes on some stages. And starts offending the Mini drivers, could it be that Gordon increased the ammount of power in his car even more for these stages by using the system? if not, then why didn't he start driving like this since the start of the Rally, he would be leading for sure.

So in the end, after saying so many things about everyone else and using an "ilegal" system on his car, i can almost guarantee you that Robby Gordon will be excluded from the Dakar Rally 2012. If he makes it to the podium, he is most certainly out.

So a truck with the engine infront of the cabin has won.

Btw: Al-Attyah and Peterhansel are both arrogant it seems. Nasser drove like a mad man and nearly collided during dangerous overtakes with his opponents, and Peterhansel never apologised to the biker he nearly run over in the river. Give the win to Roma or De Viliers, they deserve it more.

Which truck got a DSQ for causing an accident with a car, trying to get the time back and kept quiet about the incident?

Congrats to both Patronellis, they looked after each other, Maffei had no chance after his problems.

So a truck with the engine infront of the cabin has won.

Btw: Al-Attyah and Peterhansel are both arrogant it seems. Nasser drove like a mad man and nearly collided during dangerous overtakes with his opponents, and Peterhansel never apologised to the biker he nearly run over in the river. Give the win to Roma or De Viliers, they deserve it more.

Which truck got a DSQ for causing an accident with a car, trying to get the time back and kept quiet about the incident?

Congrats to both Patronellis, they looked after each other, Maffei had no chance after his problems.
It was #500 Kamaz/Nikolayev

Too bad decisins made by the stewards giving Despres the time he loose in a stage... it won´t be Dakar anymore. It should have been Coma wining the Dakar this year.

HERE
HERE
HERE

Dakar organization not only erased the lost time from Despres standings, but in addition they helped Despres getting out of the Mud. I always thought Dakar was a self route and survuval rally... but looks like things have been chabged this year.

Como wrods after Stage 8: "It's difficult to understand the decision," Coma said. "The rally has always rewarded those who overcome the difficulties presented but in this case they've done the exact opposite."

Damn what a feeling that must give to race down a hill like that. Really enjoyed the Hummer this year. Made all other cars looks like DinkyToys!

Hope Robby will be back next year and finally wins :)

Best part of the whole Dakar for me. Little crybabies at MINI

And this he should not do imo. During the start of last year he did this weird carjump on the podium but making donuts like this with so many people so close to the car he shouldnt do.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back