2012 British Touring Car Championship

[QUOTEGreat round at Silverstone! And sensational drives from Jackson and Plato to take wins starting from the back of the pack ][/QUOTE]

Was great to watch (being a Plato fan on the quiet:)) ticket for Brands should be in the post soon, just hope they get the boost disparity sorted for the Hondas then let them get on with it.

[QUOTEGreat round at Silverstone! And sensational drives from Jackson and Plato to take wins starting from the back of the pack ]

Was great to watch (being a Plato fan on the quiet:)) ticket for Brands should be in the post soon, just hope they get the boost disparity sorted for the Hondas then let them get on with it.[/quote]

Yeah that is unfortunate for the Honda's. Not unfortunate for me as a Plato fan though :p

The BMWs and Fords are wayyy too quick in a straight line, although that won't be as much of an issue at Brands as it is at Silverstone. Unfortunately I think Brands is very much going to be a Honda circuit so expect to see Plato struggling to get the title. I think it's Shedden's this year

Unfortunately I think you may be right, still hoping Plato can do something special like the the last meeting of 2009 in the Lacetti. Best meeting at Brands I've seen in years.:)

was there on sunday aswell and tbh it was a joke, there is something going on behind the scenes for definate no way is Plato's MG the slowest in the speed traps like they claim it to be. Not when on straights he just simply drives past people like they're stood still. If he wins the title it will be the biggest farce in BTCC history. They've limited the Hondas so much now and its clearly had an effect because its expected that Honda will pull out after the final round at Brands Hatch

Yeah, it does have feeling of being 'stage managed' this year. My personal opinion is they made a big mistake in the implementation of the turbos. It was always going to cause disparity. I think they should have set a max cc and output figure, and kept normally aspirated. Adding variable boost into the equation has lead to the events of this season.

I'm also a bit surprised at the amount of 'standard' TOCA part failures all teams have had this year, that is something that really needs to looked as well in the close season.

Watched Sunday on TV, the only thing I will say is that the MG was far better in the corners which, appeared to me, allowed Plato to get his foot down before anyone else. Matt Jackson was similar in Race2, albeit with no weight.

boost shouldnt be messed around with it should have a set psi for all cars and leave it at that if one car is better than the other then the other teams have to pull their fingers out and get developing like in the n/a days the only reason its as it is now is because the Neil Brown engined cars i.e the BMW's and Hondas would walk away with it if they were all the same on boost pressure. Plus the fact that the Honda is the best chassis out there. Just seems to me that TOCA dont like it when a team wins year after year

Posting illegal links isn't welcome on RD. You're welcome to come back after your 7 day suspension has expired.
BTCC 2012 Race 3 Silverstone Round 27

BTCC 2012 Race 2 Silverstone Round 26

BTCC 2012 Race 1 Silverstone Round 25

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back