2010 World Touring Car Championship

I didnt even know there was WTCC at the weekend. More or less stopped following lately. The WTCC seems like a step down from the BTCC to me, the tracks they use dont really flatter touring cars and because of this the racing is hinderd and lacking.

Just in case you wanted to know my opinion on this lol.

Oh i was really excited to see a Macau Title Fight :(, really bad news...But congrats Muller anyway, no one can say he did'nt deserve it.

That wasn't really going to be a fight in fact, Muller was 37 points ahead of Priaux. The latter even recognised he had no real chances to take the crown anyway.

Now Muller is the one who deserved it the most this year IMO, Priaux was often nowhere in terms of pace, and his race 2 strategies were quite annoying once again this year, I bet the reverse grids rules were changed just because of him.

The problem with WTCC so far has been the ruleset IMO. 2 races with a non-random reversed grid is the perfect way to see the FWD train dominating in race 1, and then the RWDs taking the advantage at the start of race 2 and just getting away.

BTCC's main force is having a three race a day system, with a race-to-race ballast system putting people together, and a random reversed grid in race 3 to prevent people from having dirty strategies in race 2. For me it's the perfect ingredient to have action packed racing all day long. I'm really surprised that WTCC never had a look at this, because they're ruinning a good potential not trying to implement one of those ideas. Sometimes it end-up in really frustrating week-ends.

Line-up wise, it's hard to compare the standards in those two championships, but look at when Plato was in the WTCC in 2005, he could hardly match his team-mates. In WTCC factory teams almost only have national champions, which is quite a proof of big standards.

I tend to agree with everything you have written there. I still think the tracks are not suited to touring cars though, and this doesnt help. I would prefer to see them use smaller circuits that promotes more overtaking posibilites. BTCC is lacking on some star drivers at the moment, thats for sure. I would say Plato is the only real top notch guy out there. BTCC could be the breeding gound of some great drivers though. I mean look at Priaulx, he was pretty unsensational in the BTCC before he went to the WTCC. BTCC is now sadly lacking Turks and Gio, big loss :(

Alain Menu and Andy Priaulx won one race apiece in Oschersleben today. The Swiss driver gave Chevrolet their first victory on the German track, while the Briton scored his sixth win of the season and moved further ahead in the Drivers' Championship. In the two latest meetings, Priaulx has recovered 38 points from the leader Yvan Muller, reducing his gap to 11, and now he has also jumped ahead of Gabriele Tarquini (who has scored only 2 points in the three latest races) in second position.
The first race was a Chevrolet show. Rob Huff and Menu took control from the beginning, but the former was later black-flagged for hitting the poleman Augusto Farfus at the start. This enabled Menu to claim his first victory of the year from Farfus and Muller.
In Race 2, Priaulx dashed ahead of the SEAT pair of Michelisz and Nykjær and kissed goodbye to the rest of the field on his way to a solo flight. Farfus and Muller finished far behind him in second and third after Monteiro was given a drive-through for hitting both Nykjær and Michelisz.

(old news i know, still had it posted here but forgot to publish lol)

For the third consecutive year Japanese Gods sent the rain to soak the WTCC races at Okayama. In spite of this, local fans did not miss the last appearance of the World Championship before it moves to Suzuka from next year and a crowd of 31,000 attended over the weekend.

After a Saturday that was clearly in favour of BMW, the rainy Sunday smiled to Yvan Muller. In extremely difficult conditions the Chevrolet driver kept a cool head and collected two third places that are worth their weight in gold. Especially as his two rivals in the title fight. committed hara-kiri.
After a brilliant second place in the first race, Andy Priaulx spun off and retired in the early stages of Race 2. A few laps later Gabriele Tarquini lost control and crashed from the lead.

The Italian, reigning world champion, has been cut out of the fight, while Priaulx now has a 37-point gap with 50 still to be awarded.

In the Manufacturers' Championship, Chevrolet is only 14 points shy from securing the title.
Rob Huff and Augusto Farfus shared victories today. The Briton pushed beyond the limits in the first race to get past the BMW cars of Farfus and Priaulx, while the Brazilian managed to stay on the track in the final laps of the second race after forcing Tarquini to make the fatal mistake.

The championship will resume for the season finale (rounds 21 and 22) at Macau, on November 21 where the Rookie Challenge and the Independents' Trophy will also elect their champions.

FIA WTCC driver Tom Coronel drives his first lap on the streetcircuit of Macau, during the 57th Macau GP, WTCC testsession

800px-Circuito_da_Guia_GP.svg.png

The Guia Circuit, or Circuito da Guia, is a street circuit located at the southeast region of the Macau Peninsula in Macau, China. It is the venue of the prestigious Macau Grand Prix and Guia Race of Macau. The circuit consists of long straights and tight corners, and features the characteristics of a typical street circuit - narrow, bumpy and limited overtaking opportunities. However, there are two special features that can rarely be found in other street circuits - variation in altitude (over 30m between highest and lowest point of the circuit) and an ultra long main straight that allows top speed of 260km/h on F3 cars. As a result, the circuit is recognised as one of the most challenging circuits in the world in terms of both driving and tuning, as cars have to maintain competitive speed to overcome hill-climbing, twisty corners and long straights in a single lap.

Compensation Weight
+ 40 kg BMW 320si, Chevrolet Cruze LT, Honda Accord, Honda Civic, SEAT León TDI
- 10 kg BMW 320si (old model)
- 20 kg Chevrolet Lacetti

Time Table (local Macau time)
To check your own local times please visit the fia wtcc site

Saturday November 20, 2010
15.50 – 16.40 FIA WTCC – Guia Race of Macau Qualifying*

Sunday November 21, 2010
08.00 – 08.15 FIA WTCC – Guia Race of Macau Warm up*
11.50 FIA WTCC – Guia Race of Macau Race 1 (9 laps)*
13.10 FIA WTCC – Guia Race of Macau Race 2 (9 laps)*

* live broadcasted on Eurosport 1 or 2

Wow that is an excellent serie of pictures Mtommi. Thanks a bunch for sharing these :thumb: + :thumb: = :doublethumb:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%