2010 24 Hours of Le Mans

le-mans-car3.jpg

I am planning to go to the 2011 edition of the LM24 again this year. Last year I was lucky to get offered a hotel near the track to stay but this year I would like to go the diehard way of going camping :)

It would be awesome if we can organize a little RD meeting in France during the best motorsport event of the world.

- meet at the campingsite
- bbq together
- drink together (just one glass of alcohol, ahum)
- watch the race of races together

This is not a sign up topic (yet) but I would like to know who would be seriously interested in something like this.

2011%20Le%20Mans%20logo_500.jpg

We had a TBR Meeting in 2009 and it was really really awesome!!

Staying on the camping site is much better then a hotel, Bram! That crazy camping was half of the fun ;) People where surfing behind cars, Making wheelies with dirtbikes all the time and when the race was finished they burned a caravan and throw all the trash on it loool

I would really like to go there again, and I hope I can bring some TBR mates with me ;)

We had a TBR Meeting in 2009 and it was really really awesome!!

Staying on the camping site is much better then a hotel, Bram! That crazy camping was half of the fun ;) People where surfing behind cars, Making wheelies with dirtbikes all the time and when the race was finished they burned a caravan and throw all the trash on it loool

I would really like to go there again, and I hope I can bring some TBR mates with me ;)

Yeah, I think I can confirm me and Xosé and Andreas will be there again Ben! So be prepared to get lost into the forest!!! LOL!

- meet at the campingsite
- bbq together
- drink together (just one glass of alcohol, ahum) :drink:
- watch the race of races together
The plan sounds great!

sounds fun but out of the question for me, teachers cannot pick their free weekends :( and this one sits right atop exams.
That would be great if you could be there Eckhart... just get sick for that weekend, or give the guys an excellent, whatever they answer. No one will complain. Even, you could put a dummie dressed like you at the classroom... so everybody will ask themselves "Why is Mr. von Glan so silent?" "He has to be very angry with us" and... you will get a lot of extra hours payed for stay at class the whole weekend! LOL

Have been interested in going for a couple years now, however have no idea in terms of pricing, what needs to be bought, where would you recomend to buy tickets etc for camping side.

Providing its not too costly I would seriously consider it :)

Price for the event in june
these prices are pulled of the online ticket office of Le Mans
http://ticket.lemans.org/ext/billetterie5/index.php?site=lemans&langue=en&p=1&idRgp=9

Entry to campsite:
51 euro per car (so more people in the car, the cheaper that will cost :))
from past experience you can also buy entry ticket to the camping at the entry of the camping area

Entry to the full week (5th of june till 12th):
67 euro, but I am pretty sure that they have a special door price when buying entry ticket at the track itself....maybe around 50 euro or so for saturday and sunday. This will also give you access around the Indy corner

Optional entry price
Entry to Mulsane-Arnage corner: 26 euro
Entry to grandstand: expect around 90 euro

Around 50 euro a day for food & drink (it is a bit pricey, but if they still do sell them at the food stands, then I do consider you ordering for the baguette american....it does fill you and a challenge to eat :)....that was my lunch & dinner and almost breakfast lol)

Btw good to point out that be there from friday...to watch the driver introduction in the town. Nice event.

For this year's edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the organizer has decided to amend the regulations, which prohibit teams, refueling in the pits. This means giving the ACO, the specification of the FIA, which has already come out for Formula 1, the same ban - with major consequences for the teams.

The Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) is actually known for his consistency in terms of the regulations. The prohibition of the fuel stops suggests a reason like a bomb. Whether these changes for the LMS, ALMS and Le Mans, the Intercontinental Cup are, would not confirm a spokesman.

Has justified the decisions of the ACO with the positive experience gained with the tank ban in Formula 1. "The tactical antics include gain of teams, with half-full and half empty tanks, an advantage of the past," said F1 boss Ernie Becclestone. "Race car belonging to the race track and not to the gas station", the F1-determiner cited.

The ACO had the team on 1 April 2010 to a secret special session invited and informed about the planned changes. This would give engineers plenty of time to adjust to the new regulations and to develop solutions to the demanding specifications. After all, do about 1000 liters of fuel to be moved over the entire race distance of 24 hours over the Circuit de la Sarthe.

Answers: Is down the Fuel Range Extender empty, he like a rocket stage to be rejected.
Audi has chosen the technical solution for the trailer version. A type of trailer is connected to the R18, of the 6-cylinder turbo diesel supplied by a complex system of pipes and safety valves of diesel fuel. "The advantage of this approach is obvious. If we have ridden the Fuel Range Extender after 22 hours empty and that we can simply drop a button and continue with the on-board fuel is what we have copied from the NASA, which in this way their discarded rocket stages. And with a little luck, we take the Peugeot in front of the bib so, "said Commission Tristensen development.

Peugeot dissolves completely different task. "It appears that the trailer solution are not very effective because the Fuel Range Extender in the tight corners tend to break," defended Jaques le Caque the construct of the French. To accommodate the enormous amounts of fuel can, the 908 was just renewed and more than 1,000 liters equipped with a comprehensive auxiliary tank. The enormous attention will be divided into 4 rear axles, the automatic steering in the corners to minimize tire wear. The total length of the vehicle increases so of 4.61 to 7.46 meters, making it difficult to overtake in addition.

For the coming year, the ACO has announced further changes. Must from 1 April 2012 all participants get the 24 hour race from France to finally regain a Frenchman at the Sarthe.

951.jpg

951_2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back