2009 World Touring Car Championship

There was almost a worse situation at the 200km event of the Phillip Island 300 in V8SC. Was ridiculous.

And thank god for the V8SCs huh? Top line motorsport has now finished, but thanks to V8SC we only have a break of 2 months :D. They're back in February.

Whincup the leader pitted so the safety car waited at the end of the pitlane and then just sat there while Whincup flashed his lights and had to dawdle past. Meanwhile the track fills up with cars exiting the pitlane while others pulling 160mph come screaming over the small crest, how there wasn't a humonguous accident is testament to the drivers. Finally after 5 cars had almost crashed at 160mph the safety car got moving.

looking at the WTCC vid it becomes obvous that circuits in towns don't make for great racing, just for spectacle (and some fun for the guys who love to see metal bend and technology disintegrate); I personally think it's a sorry development that more and more races in FIA sponsored series are held in towns. Don't fancy them much, give me a track where GT / WTCC cars can pick differing lines.

looking at the WTCC vid it becomes obvous that circuits in towns don't make for great racing, just for spectacle (and some fun for the guys who love to see metal bend and technology disintegrate); I personally think it's a sorry development that more and more races in FIA sponsored series are held in towns. Don't fancy them much, give me a track where GT / WTCC cars can pick differing lines.

Couldn't agree more :)

An extended (and higher quality) video of the V8 Safety car shambles plus Bargwanna vs Lowndes. Not in HD yet but will be in an hour or so.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLbDljhXO5s[/ame]

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back