2009 Grand Prix motorcycle racing

The number 6 on a bike with a white number background looks odd. 500cc used to run on yellow plates, 250cc on green, and 125cc on black. 80cc had white if i am correct :) But the bike looks like a 1980s Honda NS500. I am pretty sure it must be Wayne Gardner buy the look of the helmet, but his whole body looks too big :)

yep thats a Fast Freddie replica. The helmet in the pic does look like Wayne Gardners', I can't remember Gardner running number six (which means little, I can't remember yesterday). It may be one of the Japanese riders, I'll guess at Takazumi Katayama.
Well done you are right. He was also one of the 1st person with Freddie Spencer to race the 3 cylinder works Honda

OK, here's mine... name both riders if you like. Its the number 4 bike I'm calling your attention to though.

Attachments

• Who He.jpg
    Who He.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Wido Rossen

I`m tempted to say Randy Mamola regarding the no 4 plate.

LOL @ the Raymond Roche comment.

Its neither Niall Mackenzie (who did ride for Skoal Bandit Suzuki) or Donnie Macleod (who never rode a 500). Its neither Ron Haslam or Raymond Roche on the number 9.

A little clue, the front three riders all rode in GP's (dunno about the 4th, can't see him). This pic isn't at a GP venue though.

MotoGP/500cc 1985-1995 Highlights

Imho the best era in the 500cc history. Rossi maybe hot now, but he is nothing compared to names as Lawson, Spencer, Schwantz, Rainey, Mamola, Gardner and all those other heroes from back then!

PART 1

PART 2

@Bram, you are correct, in both the last posts.... lol.

@Simon, you are correct too.

So, we have the venue... we have the first rider in line...
Now, to the important bit... who's on the number 4 bike... lol.

Ill be damned, it doesnt look like his style but didnt Kevin Schwantz made his debut in those years on Suzuki?
But the #4 has glasses on it looks, otherwise my vote would go to revin Kevin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back