Corners : 14 (6 left, 8 right)

Track Record:
125cc class:2003 L. Cecchinello Aprilia 2:07,836 Dry
250cc class:2007 J. Lorenzo Aprilia 2:02,299 Dry
500cc class:2001 V. Rossi Honda 2:01, 461 Dry
MotoGP class:2008 C.Stoner Ducati 1:57,199 Dry
Superbike:2008 M. Fabrizio Ducati 1:59,979 Dry

That was a wet & wild round of MotoGP.

Congrats to the podium finishers: Dovizioso put on a great ride, likewise to Edwards who I thought was going to snare his maiden win & same goes for de Puniet.

Rossi goes down but recovers to claim 5th spot and scores better than his main rivals...amazing.

Biggest surprise was Ducati's gamble on wet tyres, which completely back fired and both Hayden and Stoner get lapped. If it had rained, they'd be heroes, however it didn't...

Cheers.

Stoner to miss next 3 rounds of world championship

In an extraordinary turn of events, Casey Stoner will miss the next three rounds of the MotoGP championship, as reported here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77610

Quote: "Casey Stoner will miss the next three MotoGP rounds as he recovers from the physical problems that have plagued him since the Catalunya GP in June.
The Australian will be replaced at Brno, Indianapolis and Misano by Mika Kallio, who has raced for the Pramac customer Ducati team so far this season, and is scheduled to return for the Portuguese GP in October."

Very sad news for Ducati & fans of motorcycle racing. Love or loathe him, Casey is very fast & extremely talented and the partnership between Stoner and Ducati is special indeed. Hopefully Casey Stoner can get himself sorted & back on the grid in full health.

Cheers.

• Mike Ward

well honda are keeping the same riders next season so looks like lorenzo will be staying at yamaha as i doubt he would be number 1 if he took a ride with ducati.

• Wido Rossen

Well thats only because Lorenzo whas held up by Mikka Kalio on his last fast lap.
Doesn't matter for the outcome of the race do :woop:

• Wido Rossen

MotoGP 2009 - Round 12: Indianapolis

Round 12 on the 30th of August.

indy-1.jpg

Cracker of a race until Lorenzo fell off. Rossi shows is race craft is better than anyone else out there & has one hand on the championship trophy already.

• Ignacio Genta

Rossi burned Gibernau brains some years ago.Now he is frying Stoner one,he has some sort of ulcer.And the next one is Lorenzo.

I have to politely disagree. What you've posted is what the media scribes & commentators like to sprout..I think its all a myth. What the other racers lack is Rossi's race craft and crew chief, Jeremy Burgess.

I don't think Rossi has done anything to either Stoner or Lorenzo's brains. Lets not forget Stoner won a world title & won races on a very ordinary Ducati in 2008 was in with a chance to win another title this year until his illness. Lorenzo is always a threat to win races and was swapping lap records until his fall. If he does what Rossi learnt to do, that is remain fast and stay on the bike, he will be a MotoGP champion in the premier class.

Sete on the other hand didn't do much and was never a world title contender before inheriting Daijiro Kato's Honda.

Cheers.

Revvin' Kevin returns to the Grand Prix

Former MotoGP champion Kevin Schwantz says he would like to run a team in the new Moto2 category, which will replace the 250cc class in 2010.
The American, who won the world title in 1993, admitted that he has always wanted to run a team and has been a regular in the MotoGP paddock this season as he explores options for next year.

"My heart and soul is still 100 per cent in MotoGP and I've always wanted to be a guy who could run a team," said Schwantz. "I really have the desire and want to be back involved in grand prix racing.

Read more

• Wido Rossen

Always loved the tall Texan.
Would be great to see his grin on the telly again.:drool:

• Wido Rossen

Pedrosa has taken the pole on Indianapolis.
Second on the grid is Lorenzo followd by team mate Rossi.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back