2009 Grand Prix motorcycle racing

• Wido Rossen

I charged every battery i own for video and photo camera.
Gonna go to Assen for the first time in 10 !! years to see the boy`s in action.
Hope the weather is gonna by good.

• John 73

Also looking forward to what I know will be a fantastic race on a beautiful circuit,all opinionated of course.
Have a good one out there Wido Rossen.

Have lots of fun Wido and say hi to Hengeveld Sr if you run into him :good:

I hope you won't be dissappointed if you havent been there in 10 years tho, my last TT was 3 years ago and I didnt recognized the good atmosphere that was always there on the stands (oh sorry seats now).

No more soaking wet hiding under "het landbouw plastic" but overpriced entree fees.

We brought our own beer and the Marshal/Stewart/Bernie at the gate didnt allow us to take it with us. Thank god you can buy the same beer on the other side of the fence (lol?).

So stuff your beer somewhere where they can't find it...

Have fun and enjoy the races! Pictures afterwards?

• Wido Rossen

Dammit , but than again when it rains the best drivers come surfacing to the podium.

And yes there gonna be pictures Bram.
I post them A.S.P.

Poor Stoner threw up inside his helmet. He looked more than beat after the race.

Great battle between Rossi and Lorenzo at the front no doubt. With the top three now being dead even again at 106 points, it should make for a great show at Assen. :D

Just got of the phone with my dad, he told me they (i am not kidding) ask 75 euro's for a ticket on raceday!!

Have they completely lost their minds? Only 3 series, no sidecars, no nothing and they ask that amount of money! No wonder why MotoGP is losing the interest of people

Stills being cheap if you compare it with F1, and at least you can see fights and overtakings at Moto GP.

My sister went to Amsterdam last weekend and she will stay there to watch the race at Assen.

Just got of the phone with my dad, he told me they (i am not kidding) ask 75 euro's for a ticket on raceday!!

Have they completely lost their minds? Only 3 series, no sidecars, no nothing and they ask that amount of money! No wonder why MotoGP is losing the interest of people

As you know I'm about your age Bram... I was a F1 follower in the late 70's and all 80's, actually that's how I first knew Western Europe, courtesy of my parents.

How much do you pay for a F1 ticket nowadays? What do you get? Does Bernie need more money?
Do to my (now past) connections I could be here all day typing about foul play and “wrong” decisions in the F1 through the 90’s and 00’s. (Here between us, let’s hope this much talked “F1” revolution really goes forward… but in the “write” direction, not to abysm).

I do agree that Dorna (MotoGP) hasn't been playing too cleanly lately (see separate TV rights for instances), and in the queen class with 4 strokes, we no longer have the battles of the 2 strokes (much, much cheaper bikes) times when 8 riders would fight it for 1st (people's memory is short). But we do have some great racing like Barcelona this year (epic battle there for 1st… any sports fan has to watch that), like Laguna last year (corkscrew overtake), Assen this year the battle for 5th to 8th position. On other hand, the lower classes have been regularly producing great races (many times the best of the program). Ok, the Sidecars were a really interesting event, I too liked them very much… but Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, BMW all have strong automobile industry interests and don’t want to really go behind a championship of bikes that cab take 3 people… MZ glory days are over, it doesn’t matter if we like it or not :wink2: (LCR is doing great at this niche).

What I mean is... 75€ to see a race of MotoGP in the motorcycle sport cathedral (Assen) is within my price of reserve. But again, there aren’t write or wrong prices, only ones we are up to pay them, or not… it is up to us to value it :wink2: (
before someone jumps to my throat, I'm talking about "entertainment", not health or education for instances).

Anyway the “hardest” bike fans won’t be found in the above events… now on a Bol D’or or a 24h du Mans at 5 in a morning, we are talking a different language, the concentration of them will be at least very high :D

sorry to go a bit OT,

• Wido Rossen

MotoGP 2009 - Round 8: Laguna Seca

The MotoGP will visit Laguna Seca on the 5th of July

LagunaSeca.jpg

Track Facts:
Lenght : 2.238 Miles
11 turns ( 6 left - 5 right )

Filmed at the Yamaha US headquarters in California prior to this weekend’s American MotoGP race in Laguna Seca. Rossi, Tosland, Edwards and Lorenzo star in 'THE OFFICE' spoof.......:rotfl:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ofrr_LWKLE[/ame]

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back